Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Bronco Eddie Bauer Manual hubs 140k Restoration in process
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!

I just bought a 94 Bronco with 114k I am going to replace all belts, fluids and brakes is there anything else I should do out the door?

·
Super Moderator
27,400 Posts
Yo Juan,
Welcome and Congratulations!
ASAP, find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed by dealership. Call local dealer or register and view status @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

Try a Self Test for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)s by my pal, BroncoJoe19 @ Code Reader

You can use these;
1995 Bronco Drivetrain, Powertrain Service Manual - Google Drive
&
1995 Bronco Chassis, Service Manual - Google Drive
by HawkDriver
NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE THAN YOUR 94.

Register with VIN to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view due to scammers who preyed on our members.).

I'll move this thread to the Noobie section.

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How To Upload Images To Posts, How to Use Search & more tips!

See BabaLooey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) ... includes such as, "Tailgate Window repair & troublehooting.

1994 Bronco Brochure, Partial; Cover & Page 3; plus pics of EDDIE BAUER model accessories.
by BigRob at 1994 Ford Bronco Bronco Accessories pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Try to find time to participate in our Full-Size of the Quarter & Full-Size of the Year Contests @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!

Good Fortune with your Bronco Juan!
Al

Reactions: Juan94BR

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello all!!

I just bought a 94 Bronco with 114k I am going to replace all belts, fluids and brakes is there anything else I should do out the door?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello all!!

Yo Juan,
Welcome and Congratulations!
ASAP, find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed by dealership. Call local dealer or register and view status @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

Try a Self Test for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)s by my pal, BroncoJoe19 @ Code Reader

You can use these;
1995 Bronco Drivetrain, Powertrain Service Manual - Google Drive
&
1995 Bronco Chassis, Service Manual - Google Drive
by HawkDriver
NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE THAN YOUR 94.

Register with VIN to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view due to scammers who preyed on our members.).

I'll move this thread to the Noobie section.

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How To Upload Images To Posts, How to Use Search & more tips!

See BabaLooey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) ... includes such as, "Tailgate Window repair & troublehooting.

1994 Bronco Brochure, Partial; Cover & Page 3; plus pics of EDDIE BAUER model accessories.
by BigRob at 1994 Ford Bronco Bronco Accessories pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Try to find time to participate in our Full-Size of the Quarter & Full-Size of the Year Contests @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!

Good Fortune with your Bronco Juan!
Al
Thanks for the info! We ran the codes before purchase and it was all good the seller fixed alot of engine issues then ran out of steam

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
370 Posts
@Juan94BR Welcome! I’m new here too but the folks here make one feel welcomed. Like family! Anything Bronco related is covered here.

Congrats on your new Bronco. Check the date codes of the tires. With so few miles, unless they were recently replaced, they may be unsafe.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Absolutely they are getting swapped out I'm going to make a stock calypso green and cream I havent decided on black or chrome bumpers

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,817 Posts
Welcome! What engine do you have?

You should check the steering linkages for torn dust booties, and excess wear. Grabbing hold of the tie rods, they will twist a bit, so that's normal.

I would eventually dig in and replace all the wheel bearings. Ideally, you'd do this while changing the brakes. The rear axle shafts should be checked for grooves where they ride on the bearings too.

Reactions: Joecruiser

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome! What engine do you have?

You should check the steering linkages for torn dust booties, and excess wear. Grabbing hold of the tie rods, they will twist a bit, so that's normal.

I would eventually dig in and replace all the wheel bearings. Ideally, you'd do this while changing the brakes. The rear axle shafts should be checked for grooves where they ride on the bearings too.
I have a 5.0

I will add that to the to do list

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
3,767 Posts
Hello all!!

Congrats on the new ride 👍 I'm gonna say Battery cables and grounds, new clamps, and if u plan on a lot of accessories make sure you have a 3G alternator... Since I had a lot of starting issues with my 82 from a lot of simple crap (like old undersized wires, old splices, old grounds) that's generally where I like to start...

Also... With Calypso green n cream I vote chrome bumpers 👍 will look classy... Unless you go flat paint, then maybe black would work...

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
welcome!

i always advocate a visual inspection to make sure it's safe to drive. then drive the hell out of it before replacing parts. it will tell you where to start.

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs. 94 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/1356/3.50 gears.
437 Posts
Change all the fluids, top it off with fresh fuel, and run some good (techron, redline, etc) fuel injector cleaner.

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
755 Posts
Hello all!!

Congrats!! (y) I would also look underneath at your steering components, brakes and such....good lube might be in order as well...you will learn as you drive it

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone I've started the build this weekend does anyone know where I can get plastic components it's currently missing some buttons and the speaker panel

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs. 94 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/1356/3.50 gears.
437 Posts
Thanks everyone I've started the build this weekend does anyone know where I can get plastic components it's currently missing some buttons and the speaker panel
Ebay, junkard, fellow members, and online stores.

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts

You'll be hard pressed to find broncos in the jy but they'll still be littered with f150s

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are those parts interchangeable

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
Are those parts interchangeable
For the most part, you'll find that a bronco from the cab forward is interchangeable with an f150. In some cases regarding suspension, the 2wd f150 is not but a 4wd f150 is.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh that's good one of the other projects I was thinking was changing the entire interior color but that's way down the line

1 - 20 of 27 Posts