Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my names zac and I just bought a 88 xlt 302 c-6. my dads got a 88 bronco custom 351 c-6 and my front trailing arms are a longer more tubular design and mine also has 8 shocks 4 front and 4 rear. i know xlt's had 4 front but i didn't know they did the rear also. I was wondering if my 88 has a different trailing arm for any specific reason and why do i have 8 shocks. we also have a 93 parts bronco that is different than mine. So im just wondering if mines been modified or is that normal? also my bronco sits up about 2 or 3 inches higher than my dads but they've got the same tire size. any info would be helpful thanks. also some info or tips on posting would be good cuse im new at this.

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,544 Posts
Someone lifted yours and had a shock fetish. Not all XLTs had 4 in the front, that was part of the tow package. 4 in the back is overkill IMHO Sounds like the lift included new radius arms this is a good thing but a 4 inch lift with stock size tires would look a bit funny.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
There's a diagram with all the transmission pan bolt patterns to indicate what transmission you may have, IIRC it should be listed on www.broncolinks.com maybe that will answer the question....the AOD = automatic over drive has a 14 bolt pattern pan.....

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill have to check on the trans. I looked and i definatley have a lift im quite sure its a 4 inch was red but its rusted now. Its got four rear shocks that mount on a aftermarket tube crossmember. How do i find out what brand it is? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill have to check on the trans. I looked and i definatley have a lift im quite sure its a 4 inch was red but its rusted now. Its got four rear shocks that mount on a aftermarket tube crossmember. How do i find out what brand it is? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts