Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am 15 and I just bought my first car which is a 1984 xlt bronco with a 5.0l 302. I didn't even know what a carburetor was a month ago, but I have now rebuilt mine and am now tuning it. My bronco came with a b&m supercharger, 390 cfm holley 4 barrel, and possibly a water injection system. I will definitely be researching all of these to get it running soon.

·
I did done broke it
2,282 Posts
Did you say supercharger?

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
Holy tiny carb on even a bone stock 302 batman!!!!!!!

If that thing is actually supercharged on that tiny carb, i'm surprised it doesn't lean out and blow a hole through all 8 pistons.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know much about the supercharger or carburetor except for what I have looked up in the past month, but I thought that carb was small too and the supercharger is 144 b&m so I don't think that's very big either. What size carb would be the best ? and does anyone know anything about water injection ?

·
I did done broke it
2,282 Posts
we needs pics man

·
Use the Force...
968 Posts
we needs pics man
This. We need to see what's being worked on. A 144 isn't huge, but should have at least a 600-650 cfm carb. You can adjust a carb within a range to meet your needs, but it has to be big enough. Larger than 650 is probably too much for a small block, though. A SC/TC increases air and pressure, so you have to have the fuel to match. It's all about ratio in a combustion engine; not just intake, but exhaust, too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to the fun world of 4x4s. I'm always glad to see a young person get into something other than video games. Have fun working on your truck. Just remember to ask for help if you don't know what your doing. Everyone on here is always helpful and know what they are talking about. Good luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how do I add pics ?

·
I did done broke it
2,282 Posts
Well for one the supercharger isn't actually "hooked up". Theres no belt going to its pulley and it looks like you have the wrong belt system to use it. Its installed but theres no way to spin it up

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Well for one the supercharger isn't actually "hooked up". Theres no belt going to its pulley and it looks like you have the wrong belt system to use it. Its installed but theres no way to spin it up
That's probably why it was sold. The idiot PO couldn't figure out how to make it work the way he wanted so he gave up.

I'd pull the supercharger for now and that will give you a running rig you can show off until you can figure out how to mount the SC correctly and get the right carb for it and then you can really turn some heads. You've got plenty of time so don't go rushing into this. Go slow and build it up right and you'll never have to get rid of her.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I posted some new pictures on the supercharger's pulley system. I was going to hook it up, but I don't know how to use that tensioner ? It came with an unused belt for it also. Please look at the leaks page to help me identify these if you can, thank you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, I didn't have those, but I just got the belt on now. Thanks, anyways.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,715 Posts
Welcome to our Home, Please take the time and click on the "VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE" so we can get more exposure and Members as yourself...And Please stop calling your Bronco a car... :whiteflag

Thanks,
Allcruisen :imp :usa

1 - 17 of 17 Posts