Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first vent line I had to do was one no-body seems to ever do or talk about. Gas tank vent :D
I removed my charcoal canister and vents a long time ago. After that, my gas tank vent just ended on the passanger frame above the rear axle. So I yanked it out and bent up this brake line to go from the center of the tank vent, up to behind the gas filler door:

Drilled a 1/4" hole

Feed line threw hole

put 1" of rubber hose to keep it from falling out.

I'll do more later

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Thats cool, I am working on venting my lines now, and you're right I woulda forgot about that one.

While we're on the subject, does anyone know of a "block" that has four "tubes" on one side and one on the other? I basicly wanna run my four lines (front and rear axles, tranny and trans case) into one side with a breater attached to the other side and then mount it to my fire wall? Clear as mud?:shrug
If some one knows who makes one of these it'd be cool..if not, I gotta fab it...anyone work at a machine shop?:brownbag

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can't you just use rubber hose, brake line, and simple Tee's like the rest of us. :shrug

4 into 1 block, you crazy man, crazy!

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Fireguy50 said:
can't you just use rubber hose, brake line, and simple Tee's like the rest of us. :shrug
I was going to but I don't want a "spiders web" of hoses and filters. There's already enough shit under the hood of these newer EFI engines...damn hoses, wires and sensors of some type EVERYWHERE! :wacko

Thanks for the links David, I'll search around and let ya'll know what I find.:thumbup

BCBroncos had what I was looking for in their advertisement in Bronco Driver last issue, but it's not listed on their web page and I sent them an e-mail with no reply....:shrug

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blaze said:
BCBroncos had what I was looking for in their advertisement in Bronco Driver last issue, but it's not listed on their web page and I sent them an e-mail with no reply....:shrug
They are still cleaning up after the cali fires :duh
Give them time :beer

·
Registered
150 Posts
being a simple surfer who rides his truck on the asphalt, maybe one of you mud gurus can tell me why I should be venting my lines?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When water or mud is higher than the vents you have to replace the fluids before driving.

But my vent use to be on the fram where rain and road debre could hit it. now it's higher :thumbup

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Deep water at the loading docks lately? :goodfinge

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not lately :cry

Give me time! ya big bully!
When I get money for gears and lockers and bigger tires. I'll go get myself stuck in something just to please you

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Ledee416 said:
being a simple surfer who rides his truck on the asphalt, maybe one of you mud gurus can tell me why I should be venting my lines?
I'm water proofing (best you can a vehicle) my rig...you should consider this if you wheel in the swampy areas of Fl. :beer

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
JBG used to have special blocks w/ little filters for the very thing you are doing blaze. dont see them now. they were pricey tho.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Yea that's the ones I mean Squatty...I think a couple of places used to offer them, but I guess they were so pricey noone bought them and they quite makin' 'em or something...:shrug

1 - 15 of 15 Posts