Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 90 full size bronco. For the system in it, I wanted something that would be secure if I were to take the top off, not having to worry about having my subs and gear out in the open in the back. I replaced the broken front seats with those from a later model, and did some measuring.
Take into account that I am by no means a pro, or even to this sort of thing very often. My vinyl job is not the best, or my construction skills, but this box is now the nicest think in my beater bronco. On with the pics!

Here she sits. Cup holders and whatnot, an Ipod dock will be added shortly. The top is covered in polar fleece, and has a 1/2" foam pad underneath. Very soft and comfy.

With sub installed, CD for reference. How many 15" subs have you seen in a center console? The little growth that supports the cupholder does share airspace witht the big chamber, all together about 2 cu ft.

Sitting in the truck. Plenty of room for the woofer, at the shallowest it is about 4" off the floor. Passenger seat removed

All put back together. I will be bolting it to the floor soon, I also have to install my amp and components, so I have no idea how this monster sounds.

Thanks for looking.

-Beau

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
wow that thing is big. i'm going to be building a console for my amps and cap. it should have neon and a crossover in it eventually too. and a seat on top complete with a back and seat belt. did you take any measurement when you built that box? if so could you post them?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Make Sure you bolt yer shit down. I made a nice box like that. It had the cupholders and I carpeted it to match the truck. Had it loose because I was test fitting it and making sure it was how I wanted it and some asshole took a screwdriver to the pass door lock and jacked it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I made it to be arm rest heght, its actually very comfortable with the foam on top. The larger cube part is 16.5" wide, 23" long and 11" tall, on 4 and 5" legs to account for the slope of the floor. It is big, but it has to be to fit a freaking 15" sub in there. It doesnt encroach on passenger space though, actually gives it a nice cozy feel. And it was made so I can still shift into 4WD, and even fold the rear seat up :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I like it!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, the large cube goes right up snug to the little "lip" where the angle for the trans tunnel is. It fits really well between the seats, doesnt hinder them moving forward or back at all. Im just hoping that a passer by wont think there is a sub in there.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
very nice.

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
i building a "lock box" console.
itll have a the same compartment size, but itll have a spot for 6 toggle switches, my CB radio, real cup-holders, and i thought there was something else... but i cant remember...
your box looks like pretty good construction for a first time...
ace

1 - 14 of 14 Posts