Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked around, still have that silly 332 code, everything looks good and ready to roll. I stayed for katrina and it was a mess, hot, no toilets, water everywhere. Headin' out in the hoss this time!

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Checked around, still have that silly 332 code, everything looks good and ready to roll. I stayed for katrina and it was a mess, hot, no toilets, water everywhere. Headin' out in the hoss this time!
Didn't the gas stations around you send gas up to $6.00 a gallon last time ?

Hope you can get far enough North or inland before the price gougers get you.

Best of luck and leave lots of beer in your fridge, those looters looked awful thirsty last time.

Sixlitre

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Be safe over there rebel---just got word from some friends of mine who have spent the entire day lassoing their boats and getting ready for the party. Two of them are gonna hang and babysit their boats...for some damn reason---the other two said screw it and just headed north.

Wishing you luck,

Rick

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yea guys i'm not too far away either, I evacuated last time. This time i'm gonna stay. I guess i'm pretty prepared, but its still gonna be messy i'm sure.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
I saw in the paper today a pic of mobilized military forces

already on the ground down there. Looks like George wants to give McCain every chance he can.

Guess this time there will be law and order

Sixlitre

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,747 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I'm getting a very intermittent MIL with DTC 332 as well. Stupid Ford electrical connectors...I've already soldered half of their failed crimps, now the tension of the EVR harness connector's terminals is nil. Ugh...think I'm gonna solder the new EVR connection in place.

BTW, you have some gas tank repair epoxy to fix that fuel tank leak? Also, good luck and stay high & dry down there!!

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
BTW, you have some gas tank repair epoxy to fix that fuel tank leak? Also, good luck and stay high & dry down there!!
Yeah and that putty works very well temporarily I've found (like when you got a hurricane chasing you inland)

Sixlitre

·
Registered
224 Posts
After I filled it up, noticed a small gas leak from the tank! Go figure! Stuck at work, in an oil refinery, waiting to shut it down, trying to make as much gasoline as possible!
As if the impending hurricane wasn't enough... I lived in Charleston for 13 years so I know the eerie feeling a day or two before the hurricane comes... Best o luck to ya!

·
my bko ate my money
2,326 Posts
get out while you still can!!!!!!!

im in naples, florida, right now and its startin to look ugly, its a cat 4 and growing even bigger, we`re all bordin everything up and gettin ready ourselves, but if it gets to close we`re gone too......our little old shack cant handle even a mild wind......good luck!!!! im keepin my fingers crossed

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
get out while you still can!!!!!!!

im in naples, florida, right now and its startin to look ugly, its a cat 4 and growing even bigger, we`re all bordin everything up and gettin ready ourselves, but if it gets to close we`re gone too......our little old shack cant handle even a mild wind......good luck!!!! im keepin my fingers crossed

This is very UN-GOOD Kidz. We got a g/friend in NO right now who went thru Katrina. She just sent me a text that she's more worried this time around and bailing out. Please be safe.........

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...or-category-five-hurricane-gustav-913942.html

New Orleans braces itself for category five Hurricane Gustav

Strengthening storm heads for a city still recovering from the devastation of Katrina exactly three years ago

By Guy Adams in New Orleans
Sunday, 31 August 2008

Reuters

People queue to leave the city yesterday
enlarge
Print Email
Search
Go
Independent.co.uk Web
Bookmark & Share
Digg It
del.icio.us
Facebook
Stumbleupon

What are these?
Change font size: A A A

New Orleans was gripped by an eerily familiar sense of panic yesterday, as Hurricane Gustav, heading for America's Gulf Coast, was upgraded to a category five – the highest possible storm rating, indicating windspeeds of at least 155mph.

Afraid of a repeat of the Hurricane Katrina disaster – a category three when it hit land almost exactly three years ago – thousands got in their cars and clogged the freeways out of the city, while the elderly and sick were being bussed out ahead of an official mandatory evacuation order, expected at 8am local time today.

Meanwhile, Gustav was about to batter western Cuba, prompting 250,000 people to leave low-lying areas in the path of the storm. The Cuban authorities ordered many of Havana's crumbling buildings to be evacuated, for fear they would be unable to weather the storm, and told other residents to find a shelter and barricade themselves in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.