Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have been posting for the last week or two and it occured to me that I've never actually introduced myself. I don't have pics of my truck yet but it's a Bronco EB 96 with 100K and stock everything. I had always wanted a Bronco and now it finally happened. You all seem to know so much about working on your Broncos - and I have no idea how but I've got my Hayes manual on the way and I'm ready to start trying.

I appreciate the few people who have been really nice so far. I don't have any major plans for mods right now but I love driving my Bronco. Maybe a flowmaster, definitely a new stereo and a grille guard. The ghetto folk in my city like to break into cars and steal stuff so even with an alarm I can't risk subwoofers, amps and the like which was stolen from my old car.

Anyone have any suggestions on maximizing sound and minimizing risk I'd love to hear it!

Thanks
Jerkey

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Welcome Jerkey!!!:beer
A few things to know:
1. Make sure to vote for FOTM each month by going to the FOTM thread and picking your fav. nominee! (10 new nominees each month, and someday it could be you!)
2. Be sure to vote for this site at TOP4x4 by clicking the link at the top of the page. (It brings us in alot of new traffic!)
3. Post up some pics of your rig!
(click here—click me, click me!! to find out how!)
4. Add your rig's specs (or a pic) to your sig line. (It comes in handy when asking questions for people to know what kinda rig thier helping you with!)
5. Before asking a handfull of questions please try the search button at the top right hand corner of the page.
It looks like this:
This site has been around long enough that ALOT of topics have already been discussed and now all you gotta do is read.

Don't let the thought of theft detere you from your right to rock! Try out that search function on subwoofers, or stereo. There's a couple of guys on here that have had the same problems as you and have mounted there amps under the seat outa sight and there subs are mounted into the side of the back panels and can only be got to by taking the Bronco apart..I can't explain it well thats why I suggested the search. I live out in the sticks where people still leave the keys in there truck and their doors unlocked at night...:shrug

Welcome aboard, make your self at home!!!:thumbup

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

Thanks everyone & Blaze.

I use search regularly but thanks for the continued info -- back panel - cool.

Top Site: Already voted. Can I vote multiple times?

FOTM: Doing it right now!

Pics: coming.......

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome to your Bronco home, Jerky! Can't wait to see pics of the truck. There are some good stereo guys around so maybe they can help with a good hidden type setup. Perhaps make a locking sub/amp box in place of the center console..

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
turn it into a trail rig , gut the interior, cut the fenders, etc .... ghetto slime like ricers not off oraders ... a pretty truck is a target .. a beater isn't :thumbup

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Welcome, and on a beater worry about the tires cause they are usually worth more than the rig itself.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ha

I love all of you guys - you're funny. But no. Don't want a beater either. Ghetto f ucks, homeless and crack addicts. Such a f ucking problem in the city.

You have no idea how many times I want to take a sawed off to their heads, pipe bombs in their shopping carts ... fun homeland security stuff like that.

They steal batteries, stereos, speakers .... I had a very HEAVY pine speaker box this guy custom made for me w/ 2 10's in it .. and those bastards carried it right away. I was so sick of the car I sold it to my mechanic for a down payment on the Bronk.

·
huh
7,196 Posts
Yeah this is really f*(&*( offensive. It's pretty big in the hate speech area. Shopping Carts are one thing .. but blowing their head off with a sawed off is ****ed up. that's BS

< :lolup > Inside joke,... If you dont get it.. Dont ask..

Welcome to the site jerkey..

·
search, you #$%@! noob
10,000 Posts
Jerkey - first off, welcome to da club. As they said, your ride won't be stock for long...

First off, it is practically impossible to have a nice ride in a major city and leave it parked outside, no matter what city you live in. If you have something nice, people who are not as fortunate will either want to steal it or just deface it. Sooner or later it is one or the other. You got a dilemma on yer hands. If you want to keep your nice truck, consider a private parking garage. Or some people rent their city garages out so you don't have to keep it vulnerable on the street and it probably costs less than a parking garage. Alarms are pretty much useless in my experience. No one pays them much attention anymore.

I have a removable face plate stereo - it comes with me when I am not in the car. I have seen other broncs which leave a big hole where the radio goes, with wires hanging out of it like it has already been stolen, meanwhile they have it stealth mounted in the center console. My bro in Philly has this type of setup in his truck. Personally I would get tired of looking at the hole in my dash, but whatever, they don't break into his truck anymore.

My amps are mounted in the rear plastic sidewells, with a stealth mesh cover - sort of like screen door material - over them so they are totally out of sight, yet they still "breathe." The sub - when I get it - will be removable - I can take it out when heading into NYC, altho maybe that is a problem for you since you actually live in the city. Someone else also mentioned the center console sub thing, which is as good an idea as any.

The idea is to keep everything stock looking or worse - if you don't show it at least you stand a chance. Blast your stereo down the road in your 'hood, tho, it won't matter, they'll find you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bronkzilla said:
Yeah this is really f*(&*( offensive. It's pretty big in the hate speech area. Shopping Carts are one thing .. but blowing their head off with a sawed off is ****ed up. that's BS

< :lolup > Inside joke,... If you dont get it.. Dont ask..
:( :brownbag

1 - 20 of 24 Posts