Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a aluminized Bassani Y-pipe(with no cat) for $203.59 shipped using the "SAVENOW" coupon at AutoAnything:

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/61A2673A0A0.aspx

Then i got the 3" catco Hi-flow cat here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6007-CATCO-Catalytic-Cat-Converter-3_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ140241323751QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

For $50.50 shipped.

Pretty good deals, i think, i can't wait to get these on. I'll make sure to update when i receive them, but i wanted to throw out the deal for anyone that was interested.

Hopefully the California SMOG Nazi's pass me.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I chose to go with the Bassani Y-Pipe with the stainless steel upgrade and the Bassani 3" high flow metal substrate cat (as oppose to the aluminized standard ceramic cat). Only $100.00 more for the SS and new Comp-Cat.

Either way, I think it will be great on your 5.8. What headers? Did you go 3" all the way?

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have JBA shorties and a Flowmaster 40 on it already, so it will pretty much complete my system..

I just went with aluminum because you don't get rust here, so i figure if it does start rusting out, my truck will probably be long gone by then.

And i couldn't go with the cat due to CA laws(I think) so i got the cheap Catco one on Ebay.

I chose to go with the Bassani Y-Pipe with the stainless steel upgrade and the Bassani 3" high flow metal substrate cat (as oppose to the aluminized standard ceramic cat). Only $100.00 more for the SS and new Comp-Cat.
Did you just order, or do you have it already?

Ive seen people paying 400+ for this, so i know it is a good deal from the website i provided.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Yes, I think you got a very fair deal.

I ordered a complete Bassani SS set-up of ceramic coated headers, y-pipe, cat, muffler and 3" single pipe. Was expensive, but what I wanted.

I removed my existing stock exhaust mainifold and stock dual cats, including my existing 2 1/4" Flowmaster SUV muffler. It all fit great, and I like the Bassani SS muffler sound much better. Purrs and roars, but not overbearing.

Regarding the Bassani 58150B3 (Y-Pipe w/Cats), Bassani's website states "Legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway". I don't know, but it is probably best that you bypassed this one if you are on the street.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Regarding the Bassani 58150B3 (Y-Pipe w/Cats), Bassani's website states "Legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway". I don't know, but it is probably best that you bypassed this one if you are on the street.
A lot of guys are running this in California and they are passing SMOG with flying colors. That is why i had to go get the Catco cat because that is the only reason why it wouldn't be legal.

By the way, i got my Y-pipe today, it came with a crapload of stuff like exhaust clamps, AIR tube(I think), and an extra 2' long 3" straight pipe. I thought i was gonna have to pay extra for that stuff. Everything looks top-notch.

When i get ahold of a camera ill get pics.

·
Banned
5,475 Posts
Good deal for $250.

I paid $377 (w/ free shipping) for the stainless steel bassani Y pipe with a catalytic converter off of performance peddler. UPS says it will be delivered on Friday the 30th. It going on the 1990 along with ford racing headers and the $30 autozone tailpipe.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, i saw your thread and it compelled me to research more on it and finally order it. But yea, you got stainless, which is obviously better, so thats why it bumped your price up a bit more as you already know.

Too bad my cant wont get here until monday, so even though i got my y-pipe, its only eye candy right now.

My new dillema is my muffler which i think is 2.5" inlet/dual outlet and i dont want to restrict my flow with my muffler after having 3" stuff before the muffler. I might have to get a new Flowmaster, which would be dissapointing because mine right now is broken in perfectly and gives me an awesome sound.

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,764 Posts
bonzai, please post up pictures asap. im going to order a bassani y-pipe within the next week and i would like to see what the pipe looks like without the cat.

i need to pass ca smog too, but i was thinking about welding on header flanges to the stock y, bassani y, and tailpipe. that way it becomes a true bolt-on exhaust and i can swap in the stock y if i dont pass smog.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,356 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It explodes resulting in blowing hot exhaust right on your tranny lines. I blew a transmission this way. :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead
:stupid That little blue silicone hose didnt last 2 weeks on my rig and I did notice my tranny shifting harder after it blew up. I just paid a shop $198 to install a new hose for the AIR tube and seal off all the leaks in the exhaust.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,807 Posts
I wondered if the offroad y pipe came with a spot for the air tube that run into the cat originally. makes this purchase an easier one

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It explodes resulting in blowing hot exhaust right on your tranny lines. I blew a transmission this way. :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead
:stupid That little blue silicone hose didnt last 2 weeks on my rig and I did notice my tranny shifting harder after it blew up. I just paid a shop $198 to install a new hose for the AIR tube and seal off all the leaks in the exhaust.
Whats did you guys end up using?

EDIT: And what kind of hose did they put on for you 93Beast?

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,764 Posts
Stan...Your 96 doesn't use an air tube, so the Y won't have one. I have a few pics of mine for the 96 that I put on earlier this year, i'll upload a few for you.
thanks a lot! i crawled under my truck today and looked for a good 15 minutes for the tube and i couldnt find it. i was all "where the hell is this air tub connector thingy everyone is worried about". i also believe i dont have a smog pump in my engine (correct me if i am wrong. this is just for my own knowledge).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts