Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, wheel width means everything when it comes to rubbing and fitment. Even though the sticky lift thread discusses tire sizes, it neglects wheel width.

I have Weld 17x10" wheels with .5" negative offset. I just found some 33" Mud Terrains for $300!!!

Can I fit this combo without rubbing my radius arms or body? Obviously I have to trim the front valance, no biggie there.

Thanks guys, lookin to get em installed tomorrow if you think it will work.

Here is how it sits now-

I know I would have 0 issues with the 8" wheels on there, but I want to use the 10" wide welds if I can.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
By offset do you mean backspacing?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I don't know for *sure* but I'm going to guess you'll rub the radius arm at full-lock. But again, that's just my guess. Even then, though, you'd be alright. Just don't go 400mph around corners at full-lock. :duh

And are they 33x10 or 33x12?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a 95 with no lift... I put my 33's onto 15x10 rims and I ended up having to trim the bumper. I wouldn't recommend any hard (any wheeling) period with my set up...but with a 2.5" lift it should fit pretty well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
33x12.50R17s... Wheels (sorry Spaz) have a .5" negative offset, so 4.5" of backspacing.

My current wheels have 0 offset, so there is 4" of backspacing. So I am looking at an additional .5" of negative backspacing on top of a wider tire.

Sounds like it's gonna be a close one, huh?

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I have 15x10's with 33x12.5's and I dont rub on the radius arms but I rub on the top of the fenders wheelin hard. With 2.5" lift you shouldnt rub anything

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Light wheelin, mostly for drivin

·
user title
2,211 Posts
so you have one or two sets of 17" wheels?

The tires should clear fine for your purposes.

:beer
Bill

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2 sets of 17" wheels - 17x8s American Racing Diamond Backs and 17x10s Weld Super Single IIs...

Coincidentally, the 17x8s with almost brand new 32's will be for sale soon. :D

Thanks guys, can't BELIEVE how fast feedback is on this forum. Everyone should be so lucky.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
please keep me in mind when you are ready to sell. I am interested.

Bill

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, lessee. I was looking to get $300 for the wheels and 300 for the tires, so $600 alltogether. I would be willing to put $50 to freight and even drop em off at a local dock. Tires were installed in November, have 3,000 miles. Cooper Discoverer ATRs- think I paid around $600 for em. Rims are worth $100 a piece easily, so $550 + $50 towards freight seems reasonable to me.

Soon as they go off, they are available. :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I installed it myself.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did the springs, radius arm drops and I-beam drops. This is after discovering that it is damn near impossible to get a front end alignment without the brackets.

Rear has 1.5" add-a-leafs. Glad I went that route instead of blocks, otherwise the back would STILL be sitting taller then the front.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Naw, alignment is perfect now. Well, almost, but it's not the suspension's fault- I need some new lower BJs (In Progress..) The alignment shop can easily dial it in now, and nothing has moved around. I had to take it in a few times after the lift, since things settle, but since it's held.

One word of advice is to either a) spring for the lifetime alignment (godsend for TTB trucks, moreso for LIFTED TTB trucks.) or b) make a deal with the alignment shop that they will need to look at it and make adjustments 2-3 times after install.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts