Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
fishin' without dad
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry:cry

not the end of the world. I sold the boat only and kept the trailer for my kayaks. So, I am down one 15' Grumman w/ a 35 hp Evinrude.....but have a very good galv. trailer for my kayaks. I have three kayaks and with a little modification to the trailer I will have the ability to float two of the yaks off the trailer. The third will have to be lifted off but that isn't that bad. I should have plenty of money to mod the trailer from the sale of the boat.

The boat wan't the best fit for my boating/fishing style. Aluminum boats don't hold up over long periods of ocean use. Since the kayaks are my main inshore boat then for my boat I really need a V-hull fiberglass boat. I will get one eventually but until then I can use my dad's 24' Triton.

:thumbup:thumbup:beer:beer just realized that i will never have to lift a kayak onto the top of the Bronco again!!!!!!!:rockon

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've been trying to sell my boat for awhile but I have no title for my trailer. Atleast you got a bonus out of selling yours :p You can just launch all your kayaks at once now haha.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,970 Posts
Oh man, I need to do that myself. 'Bout ready to pull the trigger on a fourth, and have yet to get in the water for over two years...

Adrianspeeder

·
fishin' without dad
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been trying to sell my boat for awhile but I have no title for my trailer. Atleast you got a bonus out of selling yours :p You can just launch all your kayaks at once now haha.

In FL the boat is titled......the trailer is just registered. As for it changing hands is just a bill of sale.

·
fishin' without dad
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how come?

The rougher the water the more likely the rivets holding the hull together will loosen. I do most all my inshore fishing from my kayaks. My boating needs are for the river (which here can be as bad as the ocean) and the ocean. Getting out the inlet is a battle itself in a small boat. It can get pretty bad and the seas be calm.

I would suggest that, for the longevity of the hull, aluminum boats should stay in the backwater and lakes where the water isn't going to chop up real bad. I know they have been making the aluminum hull boats for decades and alot of great lakes fisherman use them for decades but if it doesn't fit ALL my needs then it is standing in the way of something that will.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Not in PA, boat and trailer are both titled and both have to be registered, well boat doesn't have to be if it doesn't have a motor and you don't launch it on state launches :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts