Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the drop in K&N filter help performance or mileage any? Or will I have to go with the full replacement kit to notice anything?

·
Registered
390 Posts
you probly wont notice anything with the drop in.. i didnt but its a better deal than other filters and i make sure whatever truck i have has a k&n in it

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Search for Ghetto Fab K&N. Costs about $50 and I noticed an improvement in both performance and mileage. Some say it does the opposite, but it did help me.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
This is a debate that will go on till the end of time. Search for the bazilion page thread that is already started about it.

·
trying to go fast!!
1,082 Posts
i have a drop in it seems to help a bit on acceleration but not much but it dose make me feel safer with it in their vs. your normal paper crap

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
It doesn't make a whole mpg on a Bronco

As you may or may not know I've done a pile to boost mileage on my EFI 302 86 Bronco.

On the Lincoln Town Car I actually did see more than 1 mpg, but then again it gets way over 20 mpg, meaning it probably does add 5% mileage gain.

A Bronco being well under 20 mpg, 5% will not manifest itself as a whole mpg.

I do believe it made a difference, but on a Bronco it won't be measureable

Sixlitre

·
Registered
432 Posts
Put one in my F-150 8 yrs ago. Couldn't tell much difference at all...:shrug

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have noticed an improvement in all I have used em in, four vehicles so far.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I've put them on everything and never noticed any difference except you get more engine sound under the hood at wide open throttle.
If you're going for a K&N for better filtration, don't. They are one of the worst filtering air filters out there. The paper filters do a much better job. I still like the K&N's though because they look cool and cleaning them is nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts