Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PO mounted 2 KC lights on the front bumper,they are alreay grounded to the bumper and linked togather. And i have a 2 prong switch inside. So i have 1 HOT wire i need to hook up for them.

The stock running boards had LED lights in them that were linked to the left and right running lights on the side of the bko.(running boards removed)

so would that be enough power for the KCs?
I was thinking of running the KC wire to the switch and the old LED wire to the switch,so i when i turn the running lights on all i have to do is flip the switch to turn on the KCs?

I am just wanted to ask befor i go messing up my lights or electric system:brownbag

Thanks in advance :thumbup

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kc pull alot of power your going to want to run them off a relay and use you switch as the power to turn on the relay.
Sorry I am noob to this:doh0715:.....but,how do you wire up a relay? just run the kc and hot side light wire to the relay,then a wire to the switch?
Or maybe point me to a thread?

·
A broke kid with a bronco
4,065 Posts
Pin 30: hot FUSED power from battery
Pin 87: to hot of kc's
Pin 85: hook to switch hot out (when switch is on this gets power)
Pin 86: ground to frame.

Be sure to fuse the switch power (power input of the switch) AND pin 30 of the relay.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pin 30: hot FUSED power from battery
Pin 87: to hot of kc's
Pin 85: hook to switch hot out (when switch is on this gets power)
Pin 86: ground to frame.

Be sure to fuse the switch power (power input of the switch) AND pin 30 of the relay.
Thanks! I will pick up a relay and some conectors when i go to autozone,or what ever part stor i go to.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts