Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my sterling in, and hooked up the e-brake lines. Stock bronco front, sotck p/u rear lines. what was it that you guys were talking about a few months ago about yours not working or working? i thought i saved that info, but cant find it.
My lines attached with no probs, but my brakes aren't adjusted yet, so i cant say if its working or not.
thanks

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks raf. I cant remember wherre all my 10.25 info is. Interesting tho, I routed the sterling cable thru the brakeline/e-brake bracket on top of the pumpkin, then in the first frame mount and into the bracket on the side of the frame rail. The one on the pass side is supertight and has no play in it? make sense?
Anyhow, i am hoping that nce the drums/shoes are adjusted, it will work well.
the guys i am calling for had a discussion about a while back and there was some good info exchanged.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
What's a Sterling? :goodfinge

Oh, ok.........I just used parking brake cables from a '90 F250 shortbed. FWIW my parking brake has always sucked. Shawn swears I'm smokin' it and says his wouldn't let the truck move, even in 4lo.

I recently adjusted a ton of slack out of the cables like Raf said (the piece of all thread on the drivers' framerail where the one cable splits into two). It helped a little, but not a lot. I dunno, I've just lived with a marginal parking brake (shrug)

Not sure if this answers your q?

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can you get a pic of this all thread, I dont think my 94 has that, it is just a double sided thing (like when you put those little bead chains together for light cords switches, clear as mud) Would be interested to see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Keith_L said:
Oh, ok.........I just used parking brake cables from a '90 F250 shortbed. FWIW my parking brake has always sucked. Shawn swears I'm smokin' it and says his wouldn't let the truck move, even in 4lo.
Yeah, and now that you mention it.... I wanted to pull the drums on your truck when I was there, but totally forgot. I figure you have the shoes on backwards or something. ;)

All I had to do to mine was adjust the equalizer a bit. The cables from the equalizer to the drums are all the same length, BTW -- Ford changed the length of the *front* cable to adjust for WB.

But yeah, mine wouldn't budge with the brakes on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts