Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we got a stupid erge to head to contucky ;ast night at about 10:3- when we got the go ahead on a rust free 97 f350 bed down there for $450. friend needed one bad, and hes not a morning person. so we said screw it, lets go now, well make it down there when the guy wakes up(we are leaving from chicago)
well, at midnight he shwos up at my shop with his f350 and light car trailer. his truck gets shitty mileage, so we plan on taking my powerstroke on his trailer. hook up, through his siruis radio in the cab and we go to town. snopw and everything else, and both us driving on no sleep since the previous nigh twe wind up pretty much dead tired at a rest stop around 5am and dont know which way is up, so we decide to get a couple hours rest. goes well, we find our way into kentucky through the hills, borrows, burned out buildings and redneck places to find the guy. guy was cool, bed was what he said it was and gave us a discount for showing up when we said we would. loaded it up and tryed to head home.kinda got lost windijng through the hills, but found the main highway and head to 65. we then head north and around indy my ford up and dies. BLAH, thats all she wrote.....
make some phone calls, get a ride back up north, borrow the boss's turck and go head to indy to find my truck again. find it, pull the stubbrun driveshaft out on the side of I65. all in all we had a long day, but a friend got a good bed for his 95 f350. 16 hours of driving later we are home
my truck lost the IDM, but its fixed now and all good.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
If you ever haul a bed again, just cut some boards 1.25" x 1.5" about 15" long and drop them in the steak pockets. Then just flip the other bed upside down and set it on top of the other bed and strap it down.........A lot easier than hauling a trailer.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MikE2 said:
If you ever haul a bed again, just cut some boards 1.25" x 1.5" about 15" long and drop them in the steak pockets. Then just flip the other bed upside down and set it on top of the other bed and strap it down.........A lot easier than hauling a trailer.
would not have worked on my powerstroke(see toolboxes) or his powerjoke(capper) we where not taking the dually that far!!!!! espically with 4.10 gears, and mini tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts