Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in North Carolina my buddy just bought 22 acres in Lawerenceburg,KY in Anderson county.Wanted to know if they have a lift law on trucks and what it was if they did, or if they enforce it. North Carolina has a pretty strict lift law but they don't enforce it. If anybody lives in KY. let me know im sure im eligale in most states. THANKS CHUCKD43:goodfinge :rebelflag

·
I have C.R.S
568 Posts
I live in Berea KY. I just had a 6" lift installed on my 96 Bko and see cops both local and state all the time. Haven't had any problems with them so far.

Knock on wood. There is a state police building in Richmond and I will stop by there some time to double check on this for you and me both.

I am going to gess that they have a law of some kind reguarding this. However I don't beleave it is enforced. I am running 37" x 12.50 x17" BFG K/T's and they don't stick out that far from my fenders wich are still stock.(no flares) Although I have seen trucks running down the road with 6"s of tire sticking outside the fender with no flares.So far no cops have bothered them.

Nemesis

·
Registered
236 Posts
the only time i have ever heard about some one getting stopped because of lift was because the truck was so high the light beams went straight into the car infront of it. the lift the guy had on the truck though was homemade and was huge(i was 15 so i dont recall how big it was and dont want to exagerate to much). so i i dont think you will get stopped unless your lift is ridiculous.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
Most police forces don't have time to enforce every law on the books. However, if they decide they need one more ticket to fill the daily / weekly / monthly quota, they can find something to get you on. A lot of laws like that are used to fix blame for an accident, or in other words enforced after an accident, if you know what I mean.

PS

A lift will generally cause your headlights and bumper to exceed the maximum height allowed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts