Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you put them together? I've been trying to figure out how they line up and lock into position. Nothing i've tried is working. I didn't get a scrap of directions with either.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Put the key in the cylinder, turn it to Acc position then insert a paper vlip in the small hole. Push in on the pin and turn the key a little more beyond Acc position. It will only go in the switch one way.

·
Registered
326 Posts
nacman said:
How do you put them together? I've been trying to figure out how they line up and lock into position. Nothing i've tried is working. I didn't get a scrap of directions with either.
I have had trouble with puting the cylinder back in too. I just kept trying different positions and it eventually went in. So pretty much I am no help.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
The last time I put the cylinder back into the steering column it took me about half an hour. Just keep trying

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I got it back together. I had the switch and new cylinder in my hands and you kind of need three hands that way. I just did not get the paperclip thing because looking at it I couldn't see where it went or did. Even in my hands under a microscope you could'nt tell that the hole in the face of the cylinder lines up with a hole in the outer housing, But I felt it push in with a spring type resistance while in the acc. position couldn't tell what it was doing but I felt it release center of the cylinder from it's housing, gave it a twist, done!!! Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts