Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While out at a local parts yard that specializes in older Ford trucks and Broncos, I noticed several that had a key-actuated switch installed on the forward end of the driver side fender. None of the wiring was complete so I couldn't tell what the switch controlled. I've searched the web and the forum unsuccessfully for information as to what that particular item is for. I apologize if this has been addressed. I'm sure someone here knows the answer, and I'd love to know...

Thank you in advance...

Not My Bronco.jpg

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Look behind it to see if there are any wires attached, I've seen those sold as an "accessory", and are just a stick on item to make someone think that you have an alarm/kill switch system. If it is a real switch, it would take someone about 15 seconds to reach through the fender opening, pull the wires off it, and twist them together. Not the best place for a kill switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look behind it to see if there are any wires attached, I've seen those sold as an "accessory", and are just a stick on item to make someone think that you have an alarm/kill switch system. If it is a real switch, it would take someone about 15 seconds to reach through the fender opening, pull the wires off it, and twist them together. Not the best place for a kill switch.
There were wires/an obvious switch on all that I saw. None of them were complete though, so I dont know what the switch controlled when the truck was operational. Definitely a standard application of some sort as there were several trucks that had the switch in the exact same place.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Thats an old school car alarm, my buddys 69 Mach1 had one just like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts