Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. so I just found out my trucks theft system work.. lol.. left the keys in the truck and locked it at the store.. so a guy helped me break in... lol.. that's when the alarm went off.. so I turned thst of by manually locking the doors with the key..

Long story short, I bought new batterys for my key fob (which hasn't worked since I got the truck in November).. tried programming it and it didn't work.. so now I'm in the market for a new key fob..

I saw these on amazon.. will they work?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F8LEB9W/ref=pd_aw_sim_auto_1?refRID=19MVGK5GBQGD143VWG26

Or a link to an amazon product that'll work would be great too..

·
Registered
9,835 Posts
Ok.. so I just found out my trucks theft system work.. lol.. left the keys in the truck and locked it at the store.. so a guy helped me break in... lol.. that's when the alarm went off.. so I turned thst of by manually locking the doors with the key..

Long story short, I bought new batterys for my key fob (which hasn't worked since I got the truck in November).. tried programming it and it didn't work.. so now I'm in the market for a new key fob..

I saw these on amazon.. will they work?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F8LEB9W/ref=pd_aw_sim_auto_1?refRID=19MVGK5GBQGD143VWG26

Or a link to an amazon product that'll work would be great too..
No, they have to be the ones with words on the buttons.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Keyles...fits=Model:Bronco&hash=item43d5de1405&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
9,835 Posts
So I can only buy used key fobs? No new ones work?
I guess, unless you can find new ones in that style. IIRC the newer ones wont' sync to the old RKE modules. I don't know if the aftermarket has newer style fobs compatible with our trucks. But I would ask why a used mint condition key fob is worse than a knock off new one. I would think an OEM would be better.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess, unless you can find new ones in that style. IIRC the newer ones wont' sync to the old RKE modules. I don't know if the aftermarket has newer style fobs compatible with our trucks. But I would ask why a used mint condition key fob is worse than a knock off new one. I would think an OEM would be better.
I was just hoping to get new ones, that's all.. bit if im gurenteed the used one will work, then I'm getting it... I just hope they look good and not cracked or scratched up..

·
Registered
9,835 Posts
I was just hoping to get new ones, that's all.. bit if im gurenteed the used one will work, then I'm getting it... I just hope they look good and not cracked or scratched up..
The Ebay sellers sell used key fobs at different prices based on conditon. I have the 2 OE key fobs from my truck. They're cracked in places and the key loop broke off long ago (zip ties FTW) but they both work, well one is jury rigged but it still works.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Ebay sellers sell used key fobs at different prices based on conditon. I have the 2 OE key fobs from my truck. They're cracked in places and the key loop broke off long ago (zip ties FTW) but they both work, well one is jury rigged but it still works.
I just ordered 1 from eBay.. only 11 bucks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts