Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 and I want to eliminate the annoying key in buzzer. Any ideas on where it's located and how to remove it.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
black box behind the dash (search for buzzer or chime), no need to remove it, just unplug it. i for one wish mine were louder (can barely hear it in a quiet field away from all noises), if i'd had one i wouldn't have a bent vent window frame and a window that doesn't fit all the way in

·
Registered
73 Posts
rightofway,

Yeah...I have one, but my key switch is a little jacked up (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt..) and now I have a broken vent window :) I feel ur pain man,

·
Registered
294 Posts
hah my trucks previous owner turned off all the buzzers and im greatful even for that. I hate popping out of the truck and hearing the buzzing the whole time. I think the only buzzer that still goes is if the truck is off door is open and lights are still on. Also what were you guys using to break in your truck if you bent your vent window frame. Vent windows are the easiest things in the world to break into with just 2 peices of coat hanger. My keys get locked in on a nearly weekly basis (yeah I never learn) and after all that practice can get through any vent window in about 20 sec if Im having trouble with no damage to the window.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,858 Posts
if you locate that box under the dash you can bend the 1 pin over that controls the door buzzer when the key is in ignition. this way the buzzer still works for the headlights

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
I dont know what kinda key cylinder the newer ones have, but if its like my 88, you can get the key in buzzer (dinnger) to not work by taking out the key cylinder and taking a plastic and brass looking contact off of it (the cylinder) and youll be golden. If you want to know how I found this out, is because when I went to replace mine, the new one had the black/brass looking think on it and the old one didn't, so as soon as I put it in, I got a ding, took the brass/plastic thing off the lock cylinder and bingo...no ding.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Barnygonebad,

Also what were you guys using to break in your truck if you bent your vent window frame.

I can't speak for anyone else..but I'd had a shtity day, and used a hammer. I regreted it, but I felt a little better. Wouldn't do it again. It actually cost less to replace the window than it did to call someone to open it for me, and it was in my garage, running. I was late, and out of options.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Barnygonebad,

Also what were you guys using to break in your truck if you bent your vent window frame.

I can't speak for anyone else..but I'd had a shtity day, and used a hammer. I regreted it, but I felt a little better. Wouldn't do it again. It actually cost less to replace the window than it did to call someone to open it for me, and it was in my garage, running. I was late, and out of options.

-R

·
Registered
389 Posts
you guys need a Soft Top, the last time i locked my keys in, I just unbuttoned the top, reached in and popped the lock :thumbup

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
fist, at school, needed books to do last minute studying for a trig test, brother lost spare door key months ago, called dad to bring some hangers, couldn't get in

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
:doh0715:

You guys ever think about hiding a spare key under the frame of your trucks?? I have one ziptied up under there so if I lock em in... i just bust the spare out and I am on my way...... :thumbup

·
Registered
73 Posts
Lol, I have since added a soft top, and I'm about halfway working on a custom ignition system that wont require a key (door will be able to lock if I want it to) I dunno why...just never really locked the doors. (the incidenct when I broke the window was when the doors slowly shut on its own).

...now that I think of it..

Does anyone know how to get the damn alarm off? I bought my truck used, only had 1 key "fab"?? the little..remote, lock, unlock the doors thingy (beep beep) Anyway, I live on a sailboat, and dropped my keys in the water. Well..the alarm wasn't on, but 60 sec after I turn it off, the stock alarm sys disables the starter. So..everytime i start it, i had to push the "unlock" button, even if it wasn't locked. Can't do that anymore (got the keys back, but the little remote thing was f'ed)

The dealership said "this isn't stock, good luck" It all appears stock...but for the last 6 months ii've started it with a screwdriver (starter solienod, undert eh hood...and worn out the hood latch)

Does anyone know how to get rid of that system? I always knew it was going to be a problem 1 day.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
:doh0715:

You guys ever think about hiding a spare key under the frame of your trucks?? I have one ziptied up under there so if I lock em in... i just bust the spare out and I am on my way...... :thumbup
my brother lost the spare:doh0715:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Lol, I have since added a soft top, and I'm about halfway working on a custom ignition system that wont require a key (door will be able to lock if I want it to) I dunno why...just never really locked the doors. (the incidenct when I broke the window was when the doors slowly shut on its own).

...now that I think of it..

Does anyone know how to get the damn alarm off? I bought my truck used, only had 1 key "fab"?? the little..remote, lock, unlock the doors thingy (beep beep) Anyway, I live on a sailboat, and dropped my keys in the water. Well..the alarm wasn't on, but 60 sec after I turn it off, the stock alarm sys disables the starter. So..everytime i start it, i had to push the "unlock" button, even if it wasn't locked. Can't do that anymore (got the keys back, but the little remote thing was f'ed)
The dealership said "this isn't stock, good luck" It all appears stock...but for the last 6 months ii've started it with a screwdriver (starter solienod, undert eh hood...and worn out the hood latch)

Does anyone know how to get rid of that system? I always knew it was going to be a problem 1 day.
I have the same setup on my 96 and it is a PIA,it also locks the doors autmaticaly everytime truck is started,start truck close door go around to work on engine guess what!it also wont start unless you have the key fob if someone (wife) locks it with remote.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I'm a huge fan of having a spare key outside the truck via magnet under bumper or inside spare tire carrier. It has saved me many times on different vehicles.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
You do know that they can make spare keys nowadays right :toothless

5 minutes and 3 dollars will get you one at almost any hardware store nationwide......
i have 4 sets of keys now(went that day to get them), all on the same ring so i don't lose them:goodfinge

kidding, i have a couple sets at home, and another floating around somewhere i should prolly track down

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the same setup on my 96 and it is a PIA,it also locks the doors autmaticaly everytime truck is started,start truck close door go around to work on engine guess what!it also wont start unless you have the key fob if someone (wife) locks it with remote.
That is exactly what happened! Started, ran into get a CD, click. Locked.

Shane c.,

Yeah, I know about spare keys. I didn't do it at first, because..I only ahd one remote, so...I THOUGHT that a spare set of keys wouldn't do any good, with one remote. I was wrong. I know have more than one set.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts