Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my cowl hood in from key parts. Arrived a little damaged, they knocked off $100. Dad got the small spots fixed and the hood primed. Got a chance to test fit it today, fits pretty damn good for a aftermarket hood

FE30C93C-05AE-49AA-B527-8DCB6E48AF44.jpeg

83F19D10-C5AD-49D4-8E0E-F2E557BD6A30.jpeg

B9221BF1-DEF8-402C-A4BA-C76A2B7B6E22.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
558 Posts
Hood looks good. Where did you get your nerf slider step?

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hood looks good. Where did you get your nerf slider step?
nfab part# F8056B

bought them off of ebay, one edge came slightly bent and chipped got them to knock off $75. Touched it up with some gloss black and good to go, the powder coat has held up well but the only down side is you have to drill through the door sill to bolt them to the truck

·
Registered
1993 F150 XLT 302 MAF A/T 4x4 2.5" Lift
247 Posts
Looks good. I keep going back n forth on if I should buy it or not. The only thing that keeps me from buying it is the two slight hood slots. Looks good and the height of cowl induction imo is perfect. If they made it without the hood slots it would be s 100% sale with me.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also it contacts the wiper arms when the hood is all the way up, so when i raise the hood i will either need to remove the wiper arms, place a couple cloths on them so they dont scratch the hood, or use a piece of cable and make a limit strap for the hood. Not a big deal to me

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
does yours contact the wiper arms?
Yes, it hasn't hurt the paint on the hood but the old wiper arms I had were painted black and it scraped the paint on the wiper arms.
Reflexxions must have sold out to Key Parts at some point. That is the same exact hood.
When I bought my Reflexxions hood I had to have it shipped to a business because it was freight shipping. So I had it delivered to a local auto repair shop. The owner put a Reflexxions hood on his old Chevy a few years earlier. As he was helping me load the hood into my truck he says I wonder if it still says the same thing on the box as mine did. So he looked and sure enough it said "Do Not Lay Flay".....instead of "Do Not Lay Flat".

·
Registered
212 Posts
@fordbronco1995 and @NASSTY those are really good looking hoods. i didn't think our vintage truck could pull off a cowl hood but i think it looks great. i've only seen really tall cowls and a "ram-air" type that never really did anything for me 1992-1996 Ford F-150 / Bronco Duraflex CVX Hood - 1 Piece or 92-96 F-150 Cowl Hood.

of course this is where i go off the deep end and start looking at hoods like this 92-96 Ford Truck GT-500 Hood, Composite-Tech Just $689.00. Ram air, cowl induction hoods and more at CarHoods.com

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
@fordbronco1995 and @NASSTY those are really good looking hoods. i didn't think our vintage truck could pull off a cowl hood but i think it looks great. i've only seen really tall cowls and a "ram-air" type that never really did anything for me 1992-1996 Ford F-150 / Bronco Duraflex CVX Hood - 1 Piece or 92-96 F-150 Cowl Hood.

of course this is where i go off the deep end and start looking at hoods like this 92-96 Ford Truck GT-500 Hood, Composite-Tech Just $689.00. Ram air, cowl induction hoods and more at CarHoods.com
The GT500 series hood looks good, but the shop that painted mine thanked me for choosing a steel hood. Not all fiberglass hoods are bad but they can potentially be a lot more work for the painter.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The GT500 series hood looks good, but the shop that painted mine thanked me for choosing a steel hood. Not all fiberglass hoods are bad but they can potentially be a lot more work for the painter.
No hood springs either

1 - 13 of 13 Posts