Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if my 93 5.8L w xlt has a keyless entry system in it or not. I have tried to look it up an found that ford started putting them in in 94 but mine was made pretty close to that year. Any info that any body has would be much apreciated about any thing that has to do with my bronco. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
pull the panel under the steering wheel, there should be a black box, mine is actually labeled keyless entry.

·
Super Moderator
26,307 Posts
yo;

Module pic
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

Module Depiction & Location in a 96; from 1996 Bronco-F-Series Workshop Manual; ..."The remote entry receiver module is located in the LH side of the lower instrument panel (04320) to the right of the steering column, just above the driver's right foot area. Disconnect the three electrical connectors and the antenna connectors and the antenna connector from the module. Remove two bolts attaching the module to its support bracket and remove the module..."
by Ford via thedieselstop.com

Programming Connector Location Diagram in 92-96; "...it is the grey connector taped to all the wires; to right of strg column...Note that is the view from engine compartment thru an invisible firewall...it is the grey connector taped to all the wires. to right of strg column
Source: by miesk5 at http://www.supermotors.net/getfile.php?id=139449&toggle=fullsize&filename=RKE

Programming Procedure & Connector Location Diagram, Bronco, 92-96; "From the Ford service CD: Programming, Electronic Door Lock Control Processor Note: The remote entry features will not function when the key is in the RUN or ACCESSORY position. To unlock the driver's door, press the UNLOCK button on the transmitter (which is programmed into the remote entry receiver module) once. This will also disarm the anti-theft system, if equipped. To unlock all doors, press the UNLOCK button on the transmitter twice. The second depression must be within five seconds of the first UNLOCK depression. If more than five seconds have elapsed since the first depression of the UNLOCK button, pressing the UNLOCK button again will only unlock the driver's door. To turn on interior lamps (13776), press either UNLOCK or PANIC. To lock all doors, press the LOCK button on the transmitter once. To confirm that doors have locked, press LOCK button again, within five seconds of the first depression. This will beep the horn (13832), flash the parking lamps and lock all doors again. To activate the personal security alarm, press the red PANIC button. The horn will beep and parking lamps (13201) will flash for a maximum of two minutes, forty-five seconds. To deactivate the personal security alarm, press the red PANIC button again or turn the ignition switch (11572) ON. Note: The remote entry receiver module erases all previous transmitters from memory when the transmitters are programmed or reprogrammed. The remote entry receiver module can store up to four transmitters in memory. To program (or reprogram) transmitter(s) into the remote entry receiver module, perform the following steps: 1. Turn key to the ON or ON/ACCESSORY position and momentarily short the two terminals of the program connector (C4) (a two-pin connector taped to the wire assembly connected to the remote entry receiver module, approximately 6 inches from the remote entry receiver module). All doors should lock then unlock. Remove shorting pin. 2. Press any button on transmitter. All doors should lock then unlock to verify that the transmitter has been programmed. If door locks do not respond, press button again (up to three times maximum with the same transmitter). 3. Repeat Step 2 to program additional transmitters into the remote entry receiver module (up to four transmitters maximum). 4. Key off. All doors should lock then unlock. 5. Check operation..."
Source: by Ford via miesk5

Diagnostics in 92-96
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

Diagnostic Service Tips TSB 97-24-13 for 94-96; miesk5 note; the programming connector location described is incorrect for Bronco; it is the grey connector taped to all the wires. to right of strg column
Source: by Ford via v8sho.com

PSOM & Keyless Entry Inoperative; Fuse 8 Overload, Possible Short In Circuit 54 TSB 95-14-11 for 94-95 Bronco & F Series; also affected Inoperative Courtesy, Map, Engine & Glove Compartment, Dome, Vanity, & Cargo Lamps & Inoperative Power Mirrors
Source: by Ford via thedieselstop.com

Transmitter Mail-In Service Service Program 95B79 for 94-95 Bronco & All Fords
Source: by Ford via Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at fourdoorbronco.com

more Stuff in my site under ELECTRICAL - Keyless Entry
GL!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all the information still trying to figure it all out but what your pretty much telling me is that I do have one correct? if so thank you I will do my best to find it an get it working

·
Super Moderator
26,307 Posts
yw,
dunno if you have it, but now you know what to look for & R&R, if necessary
In the TSB 97-24-13 (I posted it above); it states;

"...ISSUE: The Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) system may be inoperative. This may be caused by several different items.

ACTION: Refer to the Chart and text for tips on servicing customer concerns with the RKE system. FIGURE numbers in the first chart refer to remote TYPE in the second.

NOTE: WHEN SERVICING THE RKE SYSTEM, THE VEHICLE SHOULD BE IN THE FOLLOWING STATE: THE IGNITION SHOULD BE IN THE OFF POSITION AND ALL LIGHT SWITCHES MUST BE IN THE OFF POSITION. ISOLATE THE VEHICLE SO THAT NO RKE TRANSMITTERS ARE OPERATED WITHIN AN 18 METER (60 FT) RADIUS.

REFERENCE PROCEDURE STEPS FOR RKE PROGRAMMING

A. Cycle ignition from OFF to RUN or ACC eight times within 10 seconds, ending in RUN or ACC. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Press any button on 1st remote transmitter. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters total possible). Turn ignition to OFF. The door locks will lock then unlock to confirm programming. ..

Try that.

also, call Ford for your Build Sheet Information (Ford 999 Report); replaces former "Ask Kate"; iffy! suggest using Phone Number 1-800-392-3673
Source: by Ford at customersaskford.com Have your VIN ready

Here is Ford's build sheet reply letter w/original build date, optional equipt., axle ratio, paint color, etc. in an 88 5.0
Source: by Jem270 at SuperMotors.net

If you can find your Bronco's orig, Build Sheet, you'll see somethAng like this;
Build Sheet pic in an 88
Source: by Dustin S (Dustball, Mellow Yellow, Mr. Laser Boy) at ylobronc.users.superford.org

Typical locations are; under the carpet pass. side. Let it dry and then carfully pulled it off the floor and got it in one piece. They use the old cheap dot matrix printing paper of all things (by goose)
under the drivers side carpet.....permantley fastened to the
metal from getting wet over the years by bigrob

back seat front seat Passenger floor Board and head liner...Gently feel your back seat for paper under the vinyl...Same with the back and then under the seats...Possibly under passenger carpeting rubber mat...They are hard to get out...If you tug they will rip badby F1rocco

the fiberglass top hidden behind the rear trim piece, driver's side.
by Ziggy

was under the carpet directly behind the front passenger seat - Under the cardboard spacer sheet/heat shield-
by Dustball

gl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts