Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Bronco XLT, 351w
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all:

I have a 1987 Bronco, 351 Windsor c6 no overdrive tranny. I just got rid of the holley carb and stock cast iron manifold, replaced it with the edelbrock performer series manifold and 1406 carb. I got the manifold in no problem, (also has no EGR). I'm having problems figuring out what parts that were bolted on to the manifold I need to replace, some were EGR from before. There is one that screws in right to the manifold above the thermostat housing/water outlet, the one on the stock manifold had some sort of coolant pipe with a vacuum outlet on top of it. There is another hole in the manifold on the drivers side front of the manifold where i think the temperature sending unit goes. Last is one more hole back side of the manifold behind the carb, centered. Can I plug this one up or is there something that goes there, my old manifold had nothing in that place. As for the carb, I'm just curious how to hook up the throttle linkage and kickdown linkage. I'm pretty sure there is a kit edelbrock makes, but I want to make sure I get one that adapts both cables. I appreciate any help here, I know I'm being broad, but I've really search other topics and couldn't find anything pertaining to the manifold bolt ons. I'll post pictures if they are needed.

Thanks

·
Registered
1987 Bronco XLT, 351w
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Once I have these problems sorted out I know I'll run into a couple with my carb. I've heard of all the problems with connecting certain vacuum lines to the carb. I was planning on connecting the drivers side vacuum advance on the carb to my c6 tranny. But I don't have a clue where to connect the one on the left to. Any words of advice are appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
A c6 uses a vaccum source for kick-down. You don't need a linkage per se for the c6.

As far as the holes goes, you on correct, you should have a major water outlet on the passenger size and coolant temp sensor hole on the driver. The rear hole I never heard of, nor understand it, but is this water or a vacuum source? I think from your description it should be a vacuum source for brake booster.

If you post a picture or two,then one might be able to better help you.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I have the kickdown ROD for a carbed 351 c6 combo if you need it. Send me a PM if you do. For the other guy, Im not sure what the problem is. Is it the problem wiht the vacuum or the engine? You should have the the vacuum and kickdown hooked up for it to work properly.

SWS

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
The one on the back is for vacuum (brake booster, tranny vacuum, whatever). You need a kick-down rod from the carb to the tranny for the C6. The vacuum is NOT used for kick-down on the C6, thats just to make the tranny operate at all. The stock throttle cable bracket should fit on the performer intake (two bolts holding it on). If all else fails, Lokar makes a nice kit for cable operated throttle linkage and kickdown, comes with everything you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.