Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
....ehhh
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a set of traction bars that mounted to the front of the rear spring mounts and the top of the leaf pack.. I wanted to put them back on, but then I heard that a kicker shock placed in the same way, helps against wheel hop. But then i have also heard that kicker shocks are crap.

Is one a better ideas then the other?

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
I personally can't see any of those designs which go on top of the spring and anchor to the spring plate doing much of anything at all. They're just in a bad spot and the axle still has mucho leverage on them, plus very little wrap movement occurs there anyway.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Keith_L said:
I personally can't see any of those designs which go on top of the spring and anchor to the spring plate doing much of anything at all. They're just in a bad spot and the axle still has mucho leverage on them, plus very little wrap movement occurs there anyway.
:stupid

·
....ehhh
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had made a set before that went from the fram to the original shock mounts. They seemed to work pretty good but hang down really low, and also they did not have a shackle, it was pretty much a strait tube with bushings on the ends. Does a traction bar really need the shackle?

Would one trac-bar mounted to the top of the pumpkin work?
sort of like the third link in a 3 link suspension?

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
84excursion said:
Would one trac-bar mounted to the top of the pumpkin work?sort of like the third link in a 3 link suspension?
We just had a thread on that. It relies on the front of the leafs to triangulate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts