Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. So this is a major vent. :mad: :mad: :mad:
My Odom/Trip Odom/Speedo went OUT. I asked about it here, replaced fuses etc. Hard shifting at 3RPMs. Everyone was so helpful. About two weeks ago my rearview mirror dropped off the adhesive and has been hanging. Figured I'd fix it when I got to it - even bought the special glue. The mirror being lose like that PULLED A FREAKIN WIRE and snapped it ... since the wire runs through the rest of the power it caused that outage. So the guy just spent 4 hours looking for a needle in a haystack. $200 later the Bronco is better.

HOW RIDICULOUS .... and it just goes to show me as a darn noobie ... how sensitive even a FSB like mine can be.

:(

·
Super Moderator
14,725 Posts
Do you have one of those overhead console things like on the late EB's??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re: overhead

Yeah I do ... but it's not connected to the rearview mirror is it? At least not as far as I can tell. or is that what the little power box is on the outside of the window is? Same as the antenna has a little black power box on the passenger side.

Now, not only am I doing the "stupid mirror wire broke how should I know?" thing but I'm doing the "stupid self should have fixed the damn mirror when it fell just because!"

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
that's what ya get for bein' a slacker :twak

be nice to your Bronco and it will be nice to you .... if you don't take care of it when it asks for attention you will pay dearly .. they are quite tempermental like that ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok ok i get it

and I thought I was a jerk. it was a freaking mirror. who woulda thunk? it even took the body shop FOUR hours to figure it out.

this is cause i'm new right?

PS: Blaze .... I love your truck, it's so hot!

·
Registered
308 Posts
post your truck info so people can help you better. i am confused right now, all i know is later model with roof console.
do you have a power supply to your mirror or something?

·
Registered
261 Posts
My '95 EB has the roof console. It also has an uto dimming rear view mirror. I kind of like it because when light hits it straight on it goes to a green tint automatically. Great for larger truck, high beams, or even sun glare.
::edit:: the point of me posting this is that the mirror has its own power supply to do the dimming thing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
power mirror

Thanks Craig. We have the same EB basically except mine is a 96, black and tan. I like the power mirror too and it's all hooked up to the electric console on top anyway. I don't have pix yet and all those fancy specs... i just bought it 3 months ago.

·
Banned
38,676 Posts
The mirror shares power with the console, but that's about it. There's one harness that comes up the A-pillar to feed the mirror, console, and visor vanity mirrors, so the wiring is common to all of them. The dome lamp has its own harness in the B-pillar.

The overhead console also gets a speed signal from the PSOM ('92-96 speedo) so that it can adjust the temperature display based on how fast the truck is moving and how long it was sitting, so that may be why the mirror damaged the PSOM - the wires run near each other.

The black box on the glass beside the mirror base is the flux-gate for the compass, but you shouldn't have one on a Bronco since it's built into the console. That style of mirror was only used on cars - I got one from a junkyard and put it in my truck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey!

:lolup who put the jerkey next to my name?? ! it's so cute and funny.

:chili:

anyway -- thanks Steve83 ... that was HIGHLY informative. I printed out the graphic. this is just getting funner for me everyday.

and i don't know what the hell those black boxes are doing there then but i'm not going to mess w/ them. There is one outside the antenna also!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts