Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is sponsored by Miller Lite. Don't know why I get all analytical when I drink a few, but a marathon of Factory Made/How it's Made isn't helping.

Anyway, let's say you are on a flight with your child, reading a magazine not paying attention. Kid feels the need to kick the seat in front of him/her. I do not like it, turn around to ask them to stop, who should I ask? Mom/Dad or child?

I guess you could flip it around. You're sitting on a flight, checking out the female sitting beside you. Shes looking alright. all the sudden thump-thump-thump... what would you do?

For the record, I do not have children, and also have been on good flights and never experienced it.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Parents for sure.

However, what happens when the motherf**king children nor parent speaks a word of English, and its a red eye from Fort. Laud. FL to LAX?

I'm pretty sure I would have been in the right to put my foot though one or both of their asses- and I was behind the littler f-ers, I felt real bad for the two guys sitting in front of the ADD/ADHD poster children.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Kind of funny how I had many of the same feelings BEFORE I had children of my own.

Chances are the parent wants the kid to be an angel on that flight. Reality is they aren't aloud to "punish" bad behavior these days.

·
Redneck Romeo
1,811 Posts
Parents for sure.

However, what happens when the motherf**king children nor parent speaks a word of English, and its a red eye from Fort. Laud. FL to LAX?

I'm pretty sure I would have been in the right to put my foot though one or both of their asses- and I was behind the littler f-ers, I felt real bad for the two guys sitting in front of the ADD/ADHD poster children.
Wow, do I sense an intensity that only comes from real, personal experience? :rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Expect confrontation when saying something.

A parent is obviously a dip shit, and YOU are in the wrong for saying something, if they sit there and let their heathen children continually misbehave in a way that bothers others.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
tell the flight attendant, they get paid to deal with that crap.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Well if the kid is sitting there kicking away and the parent is right next to them without correcting the behavior, then the parent is a dipshit.

I know as a kid I'd take it much more seriously if scolded by a stranger.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Well if the kid is sitting there kicking away and the parent is right next to them without correcting the behavior, then the parent is a dipshit.

I know as a kid I'd take it much more seriously if scolded by a stranger.

My thoughts exactly. I am all over my kids if they were to do something like that....It's usually thumping the back of a booth seat as the next person over feels that....But, usually it only take being told once and they stop.

I guess I'm saying while it's unfortunate you would need to say something to parent or kid, it does happen, because parents aren't teaching or enforcing good behavior.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
If a stranger said something to my kid, we would have a problem.

Even if you feel a parent isn't doing what they need to do, take it up with the parent.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
My thoughts exactly.
Ahh, so what you mean is not..
A parent is obviously a dip shit,
But what you mean is "The parent is obviously a dip shit"

One means anyone who has a kid is a dip shit, the other means that specific set of parents are dip shit's..

See the difference? :thumbup

And I can't agree more :beer

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
If a stranger said something to my kid, we would have a problem.

Even if you feel a parent isn't doing what they need to do, take it up with the parent.
To be fair, if you were letting your kid kick the shit out of the chair in front of him, you've kinda lost your right to be mad if someone tells him to settle the f* down.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
I don't let my kids do these things. But at the same time I've witnessed people giving dirty looks at a baby in the airplane screaming because his/her ears hurt. Those are the types of people I'm refering to.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Tell them to take the dick outta their butt and deal with it :shrug

·
Local # 40 Boilermakers
15,787 Posts
The parent.
This would be the right way to handle it, politely at first. If that didn't work get the flight atendant.
To be fair, if you were letting your kid kick the shit out of the chair in front of him, you've kinda lost your right to be mad if someone tells him to settle the f* down.
On that note the first person to talk to one of my kids like that would swallow his teeth no matter where we were. This is what you could look like if you tried that aproach :toothless , especialy if you used language like that.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I don't let my kids do these things. But at the same time I've witnessed people giving dirty looks at a baby in the airplane screaming because his/her ears hurt. Those are the types of people I'm refering to.
Yeah, you're right... Those people are morons.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Wow, do I sense an intensity that only comes from real, personal experience? :rofl:
I've had a few bad experiences with children on planes. Usually there are one of three out comes:

1. Parents are educated and know how to take care of their children on an airplane and they bring plenty of things to keep them occupied during flight time. And in the case of infants, you feed them during take off and landing to help prevent their ears from popping and thus minimizing horrific screams. Got this once, parents actually brought ''goody-bags" for the surrounding passengers in fear that their newborn would scream the whole way. $10starbucks gift card and some candy....nice folks.:thumbup

2. Parents don't really know what they are doing, nor care what their children are doing. Usually ends in surrounding people from complaining, not to often to the parents themselves, but to flight attendant. Why you ask? Well because our society doesn't want to offend anyone anymore, and sure as hell doesn't want to embarrass a parent on a cowered plane at 30k ft with 300 people that wish they were on the ground.

3. Doesn't happen often, but when it does....oooooh is it fun to watch. It has also become more and more scares after 9/11, in fear of TSA & FBI officials removing one from a plane. Its when the old man who has pleaded with parents and flight attendants to stop a child from kicking ones seat to no avail. Only to explode in a furry of rage and words I have never heard before, only to have the flight crew have to come down from the cockpit to break the fight up.

Now I have only seen #3 once in my life, happened two rows in-front of me on a trans-continental flight from JFK to Austria, somewhere over the Atlantic. It was amazing, old guy stood up and just starting swearing up a storm and yelling at child and mom who cared less up until this point. This was June 2001, so of course the idea and thoughts we now have after 9/11 wasn't an issue. After 20 minutes trying to calm the guy down they put him up in first class/front of plane away from everyone. It definitely made the flight better....for him....the kid continued to cry the remainder of the flight 6~8hrs....asshole...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts