Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went out Sunday to do some wheeling at a spot i scoped out last weekend. I am usually pretty good at my judgement whe going into mud and last week it wasnt very deep, little did i know someone came out with 49 inch IROKS and buried them in the hole, plus there was some rain which made the water even deeper than the previous week. So I did it, i finally killed the tired ole 5.0. by drowning.
I got stuck twice the second time finished her off.

My buddy Austin pulled me out so then i thought hey i will just go around the edge right!!! Wrong!!!!

got pulled out motor sounded like shiat, no oil pressure

did an oil change

15 quarts of crap came out

started her up and the oil pressure came up at first but as soon as i revved a little it dropped back to zero:doh0715::banghead:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
What are the plans now? Please don't get rid of it!!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
gotta love the pic of the oil draining. Man that's shitty but from the way it sounds it was time for a new powerplant anyway?

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Sweet pics. R.I.P. old worn out 302, may you be resurrected as a blown 331 stroker.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
The silver lining

is there's an EFI 460'd F-350 somewhere in your town going for a few hundred bucks.

Get the whole truck for parts and stab it in there !

Sixlitre

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I hate deep water

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely not selling it.

I cant complain too much with well over 200,000 miles and as much as i beat the poop out of it plus this isnt the first time i got water in the engine. That motor held up damn well, hell it still runs just no oil pressure.

Ive got a line on a couple of 351W's but if that doesnt pan out I may get that 460 from you Gearhead. What you want for it??? shoot me a PM!!

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
you of all people should of had a snorkle

sucks though

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
you of all people should of had a snorkle

sucks though
Wouldn't have helped my first 302

A wave came over it while backed into the Arctic ocean. 800 degree piston met Arctic ocean sea water and Ka-Boom !

The good news is I now have nearly 120,000 more miles on my replacement long block.

Already plotting my next engine:toothless

Sixlitre

·
Try it now!!
9,119 Posts
Doesnt seem to "dead" to me if it still runs! The Mighty 302!!

I bent a rod or two in a waterhole 30 miles south of Daytona. It lasted another 10,000 miles with a horrible knocking noise that gradually disappeared. Still ran actually when I swapped it.

·
Retired
16,016 Posts
I keep telling you people these are not boats!!!!! I know I seen something like this before... Oh wait it was this guy.:twak

Had to do it Daniel!!!:goodfinge

1 - 20 of 46 Posts