Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an account before but its been so long since i visited i guess it got deleted, so i'm back.
Before i left i had an 89 bronc, but i kinda went to prison, and my mom moved while i was in there and left my baby in the backyard at the old house. So i guess its gone, i havent rode by and checked yet, but it was about a 2 years ago. I just got home last week and bought a 93 f150 for $1500, so im not a bronco owner anymore, but i loved this site so much, i figured i'd come back here.
There are some things wrong with it, but its mostly cosmetic.
The engine is a 302, runs great, no leaks, no smoke, sounds great.
I really like the truck so far, but i'll be pumping some money into it before long.
Heres a quick cell phone pic, ill get more tomorrow.

I have a quick question. Does the computer send the odometer number to the odometer reading, or if i switch out the cluster, will i get a different number? I ask because it was sold to me with 150k miles, but i found the old cluster in the back of the truck, so i was wondering if the new cluster had 150k miles on it and the truck had who knows.

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
Welcome to the site. Looks like a nice truck.
As for your question, i do not know.
A bump nontheless

-Vance

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
I have a quick question. Does the computer send the odometer number to the odometer reading, or if i switch out the cluster, will i get a different number? I ask because it was sold to me with 150k miles, but i found the old cluster in the back of the truck, so i was wondering if the new cluster had 150k miles on it and the truck had who knows.
The PSOM (speedo) carries the mileage. Not the computer. So if it was changed out, it's probably not correct.

Only way to see what it had is to reinstall the old one and see if a number pops up. If it is the old one :shrug

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The PSOM (speedo) carries the mileage. Not the computer. So if it was changed out, it's probably not correct.

Only way to see what it had is to reinstall the old one and see if a number pops up. If it is the old one :shrug
Thats what i figured, i already threw the old one out, it was busted up a bit. Thanks though.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Why did you go to Prison and why don't you go if your Bronco is there?

Still have the title?

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
The PSOM stores the odometer in the center of the cluster. You can rebuild and replace all the parts in the cluster. You should keep the PSOM to keep the mileage accurate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts