Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard about it?

http://dirtnewz.com/events-08/koh/index.shtml

Dave's bronc 90 gave me a link to it a few weeks ago. Race starts tomorrow. Its a closed race, and theres no TV channel covering it, but there should be some online coverage. Should be a pretty friggin sweet race, wish it was gonna be live.

Basically, it mixes desert racing like Pre-runners or class III type stuff with rock crawling. The first bit of the race is thru the desert, then a very technical rock sectioin followed by short desert races sprints in between some rocky sections. Thing is you can only use one truck and it has to get over both.

Some guys aren't carring spare tires, some of the trucks might be 2wd, some trucks only have 4 cyls or tired v8s, steep gears. The desert guys are probably gonna be crawling with IFS.

I just hope the online coverage is good. If anyone knows anymore about it.....

DISCUSS.....

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Im so stoked on this. Been reading everything i can find as far as rig build ups and the like.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, i just really started reading about it yesterday, im already hooked. I got a test in the morning so i gotta study for that now, but after the test im probably gonna be listening/watching it whenever i can. Im hoping they make it into a DVD or something

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
I am pulling for #20 Jeff Mello. He is a good friend of the club I am in.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Its crazy the craftmanship that is being done on rigs in the last few years. Shits going through the roof advanced and the craftmanship improves exponentially every week it seems.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Yeah, that is going to be a crazy cool race. The desert guys are going to haul ass to the rocks, where they'll break their shit in short order. It's gonna be fawkin sweet!

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Yeah, that is going to be a crazy cool race. The desert guys are going to haul ass to the rocks, where they'll break their shit in short order. It's gonna be fawkin sweet!

I would not say thats entirely true.

those desert trucks are pretty damn strong.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
If they're getting the rain out there that we've been getting, it's going to be an interesting race. The desert guys won't know what to do in the rocks.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
welp it appears to have started already.....coverage is sparse...hopefully they have some video shortly, unless ive overlooked something

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I helped my buddy Randy Slawson change out his motor last night/this morning. They blew it pre-running and shock tuning on Thursday. We got it back together this morning at about 2:30am. It had a bad rod knock, but they ran anyway. They were in it until they blew a PS pump.

The way it sounds, major upgrades need to come in the motor realm and power steering realm. A LOT of people went out with blown motors and I heard at least 4 guys blew PS pumps pre-running or racing.

Very exciting for me. IMO, it's the ultimate test of equipment.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
I am so impressed with the work on high end rigs these days. Man I wish I had that kind of flow!

Axle design never seems to get boring!

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I helped my buddy Randy Slawson change out his motor last night/this morning. They blew it pre-running and shock tuning on Thursday. We got it back together this morning at about 2:30am. It had a bad rod knock, but they ran anyway. They were in it until they blew a PS pump.

The way it sounds, major upgrades need to come in the motor realm and power steering realm. A LOT of people went out with blown motors and I heard at least 4 guys blew PS pumps pre-running or racing.

Very exciting for me. IMO, it's the ultimate test of equipment.
haven't had a chance to read up on the details, but were the blown motors in the rock crawlers? would make sense to me since the probably dont see long periods of high rpms blasting thru the desert

1 - 20 of 25 Posts