Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my left knee operated on last Thursday and you will have to forgive me for taking so long but I have been on some goooooodd drugs and haven't been feeling up to talking. When they wheeled me into the operating room the anesthesiologist told me he wasn't going to put me to sleep but give me a epidural in my back. He gave me something in my I. V. to help me relax and that was it. I woke up in the recovery room numb from the waist down, leg all bandaged up. I have this cool ice pack thing they gave me. It's a little cooler, you fill it with ice and water, with some hoses coming out of the top. One hose is connected to a little fish tank air pump and the other two are connected to a Velcro brace looking thing. When it's all hooked up it pumps cold water through the brace on my leg. Anyway, I have 4 cuts that are stapled up. 3 are real small and 1 on the side is about 3 1/2" long. I would have rather had stitches. These staples suck. They itch, get caught on my ace bandage and generally hurt. The good news is I am up and getting around. I was told by the doctor and nurse not to put any weight on it for a while. Well guess what, today was the first day walked without crutches, a very slow process. I can even bend my knee to the point of about a sitting position. I am not forcing anything. I still don't trust my knee for anything and stairs are my biggest fear right now. I know they replaced my ACL and my lateral meniscus and think I remember him saying something about repairing the collateral ligament ( which one of the ligaments on the side of your knee). Hopefully everything goes well and the doc. can take these staples out soon.Here are some cool pics.

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
man take itslow and easy, knees are not the best

i myslef need to get in for sugury for cartilidge damage in both mine, but im pushin off for a while

dont push anything until your knees are ready for it

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
I had orthoscopic on the right, but I'm putting off the tibial collateral ligament on the left, probably 'til I die........:shrug

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
I heard a rumor, don't know if it's true, but a nurse gives you a marker and you have to write on which joint they are supposed to fix......from the writing on your leg, i am assuming this isn't a rumor.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Bronco Rob said:
I heard a rumor, don't know if it's true, but a nurse gives you a marker and you have to write on which joint they are supposed to fix......from the writing on your leg, i am assuming this isn't a rumor.

Haha, yep they make you color on yourself. That way if they slice the wrong one it's your own fault.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts