Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to buy a superrunner kit this week, but decided to search it first in the old posts. I'm glad I did! There seems to be alot of disputes in the old posts. Some people think they are great, others say don't bother, and some recomend a "knuckle under". I'm running a 4" tuff country, so I was wondering if they are worth the couple hundered dollars. I am replacing all of the steering components anyways. Will I still need a swaybar with a kit like this?

Has anyone done this mod with anything other than a superlift kit? I was wondering what all you had to fab or replace.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, a 4" drop pitman arm is available that would match your 4" drop brackets. If that's true, why would you need the Supperrunner steering kit?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I bought the Super Runner Steering kit. I like how it is built, think it is a good way to get rid of bump steer and isn't much more than replacing the front tie rods with OEM parts.

However:

My Bronco has a 4" RANCHO lift on it. The Steering kit has a bracket on it that needs to be bolted to part of the lift. The Rancho lift kit is totally at the wrong angle. In order for the Super Runner to bolt up I would have to fab a bracket. So, to get to the point if your lift is different than the Superlifts' lift then you may need to fab up an item.

I am now planning to do an SAS so I won't be attempting to make the bracket.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
However.... The Rancho lift kit is totally at the wrong angle. In order for the Super Runner to bolt up I would have to fab a bracket. So, to get to the point if your lift is different than the Superlifts' lift then you may need to fab up an item.
That and as far as I know the Superrunner kit is designed for more than 4" of lift making it a waste (in all cases in my opinion) for this application.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice. The website said they are designed for 3.5 to 6 inch lifts. I just assumed I needed one:doh0715: I got a dropped pitman arm with my kit. I was just worried about the handleing on my rig, as it is my daily driver, and I will be using it to drive across the country this summer. I didn't want to have to wrestle with it the entire time.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Thanks for the advice. The website said they are designed for 3.5 to 6 inch lifts....
Wow. I've never heard that. There has been a lot of debate over its usefulness. The quoted text in bold puts it all to rest. There is absolutely no way one steering system will work for such a huge range of lifts. Keeping all the pivot points of the TTB on the same plane is key to making it operate correctly. That's obviously not a goal with the Supperrunner kit. So either they (the Superlift guys) know more than factory engineers or they just don't know how to make the TTB work.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
BTW: I don't know if you're having handling or steering issues, but it seems to me that with only 4" of lift, as long as the alignment is good it should steer and handle great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts