Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wondering if anyone has ever used Kobalt tools because i need a good socket set and this seems pretty good for the price. My dad gets mad when i break his stuff so i might as well buy and break my own :banghead yeah but anyway if you have any experience with kobalt just comment thanks.

Heres a link to the set i wanna get at lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/sto...hanics Tool Set with Case&CAWELAID=1023905927

·
Registered
30 Posts
I swear by my Kobalt tools. They have a no questions asked return policy - I stripped out a 1/4" socket wrench and they brought out a whole new set for me. Didn't even have a receipt!

Anywho, great quality tools.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I swear by my Kobalt tools. They have a no questions asked return policy - I stripped out a 1/4" socket wrench and they brought out a whole new set for me. Didn't even have a receipt!

Anywho, great quality tools.
Okay thanks for the info i read somewhere that craftsmen actually made them and stamped different names so who knows.

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
i have a few kobalt sockets and stuff mixed in with my random assortment of tools.. they seem fine to me.

im not that picky though, if sockets don't expand, crack, or round out, i'm happy.
and for other tools.. as long as they don't break.

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
whats the price and the amount of tools u get? Craftsman has a 250 piece mechanics set for like 200-250.
the Evolv? i have it for trail repairs.... i like to think of it as a good paperweight for my rags

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whats the price and the amount of tools u get? Craftsman has a 250 piece mechanics set for like 200-250.
its a 227 piece set from lowes for a 100 bucks i have a link for it at the top post. It has quite a few sockets and 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch drive ratctets and a few wrenches.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
looks fine. Depends on how much work you do with your tools. For me all I do is wrench on my own things, so craftsman is fine. My friend however, buys all snap-on but he works on other peoples stuff. Snap-on sure is nice, but for the price you pay for this set you probably couldn't even buy a torx bit set from snap-on. I just bought a 301 piece mechanics tool set from craftsman on black friday. It was half off to 200 bucks, and I got another 25% off for signing up for a sears card. So it was 150 bucks. Great deal. 209 sockets, with all the wrenches. Plus it came with some ratcheting wrenches as well, which are sick. I Had a mix of Stanley, Harbor Freight, and O'rielly auto parts tool before. Those are all now in my bronco. I just need a new screwdriver, and pliers set, and I'll be good to go.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks fine. Depends on how much work you do with your tools. For me all I do is wrench on my own things, so craftsman is fine. My friend however, buys all snap-on but he works on other peoples stuff. Snap-on sure is nice, but for the price you pay for this set you probably couldn't even buy a torx bit set from snap-on. I just bought a 301 piece mechanics tool set from craftsman on black friday. It was half off to 200 bucks, and I got another 25% off for signing up for a sears card. So it was 150 bucks. Great deal. 209 sockets, with all the wrenches. Plus it came with some ratcheting wrenches as well, which are sick. I Had a mix of Stanley, Harbor Freight, and O'rielly auto parts tool before. Those are all now in my bronco. I just need a new screwdriver, and pliers set, and I'll be good to go.
Yeah i live on a farm and we are always working on shit and im really getting tired of breaking :banghead and buying more tools off the discount rack at the local hardware store so i might as well buy some that are worth a hell

Thanks for the info

·
A broke kid with a bronco
4,065 Posts
Wait what?? 227 pieces for a $100? What? That's a pretty good deal. Craftsman and my kobalt tools are my favorite. Break it by correct use or using a rachet as a hammer they will give you a new one. I broke a few screw drivers with my bronco. I still need to return them though. Watch the sales between sears and lowe's and you can get some good tools. I really need to get a small set of tools in my bronco.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wait what?? 227 pieces for a $100? What? That's a pretty good deal. Craftsman and my kobalt tools are my favorite. Break it by correct use or using a rachet as a hammer they will give you a new one. I broke a few screw drivers with my bronco. I still need to return them though. Watch the sales between sears and lowe's and you can get some good tools. I really need to get a small set of tools in my bronco.
Yeah it does sound like a good deal although about 90 pieces are allen wrenches and those little midget box wrenches that u barely use but thats like 40 cents a tool so thats not bad considering.

·
A broke kid with a bronco
4,065 Posts
I got a 100 piece craftsman on a black Friday sale for $90 somethingish. Only thing it doesn't have is the larger 1/2 drive stuff. The 3/8 ratchet has larger sockets than the 1/2 for some odd reason. They sure come in handy though when you need them. I damn near rebuilt the whole ttb with those things.

·
Registered
505 Posts
look at sears to they had some good deal on gearwrench stuff ,the older kobalt was made by snap on , the newer stuff is the same people that make craftsman , i wanna say its s&k or dahner ,, kd tools make gear wrench

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
I have a hodge podge of tools and I like my Craftsman complete set that I've had for almost 30 years but I am acumulating quite a stash of Kobalt stuff too. They have some really nice deep wall sockets on sale right now for $10.00. I have a really nice set of Harbor Freight Pittsburgh sockets that I carry in the Bronc. They are also guaranteed for life against anything you might do to them.

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
pssssssssssssh, i just blew 500 on snapon tools :goodfinge

1/2 inch air impact gun and us/metric socket set

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a Kobalt pneumatic sander. Doesn't get a ton of use but has been trouble free for me.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts