Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos (MEB) is going to man a checkpoint at the King Of the Hammers qualifying race at Rausch Creek Offroad Park on Friday May 7 and we need a few more volunteers to help with this. We will be located at a checkpoint along the race course and record the drivers' numbers and times as they come through, and radio the data back to the office. MEB's Lou Levy, aka Broncolou Racing, will be competing and would love to see friendly faces as he flies through the mud and rocks on the way to qualifying for his second KOH race in Feb 2011.

If your're interested in helping out, and watching some incredible racing/climbing/crawling at the same time, please reply to this thread or PM me (Scoop) as soon as possible. All volunteers should be at Rausch Creek (main parking lot) ready to go out to the checkpoint by 7:30 a.m. on Friday May 7. More info to follow. You do not have to be an MEB member to help us out. This should be lots of fun!

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
If the race is on the new property I could watch it from my treestand.

Watch out for the turkey hunters out there.

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the actual race sat.? i would man the check point but i cant get off work that fri...i tried lol
The race is Friday. This is the East Coast qualifier for the main KOH race out in Johnson Valley, CA in Feb '11. Man, sorry you can't get off. I guess now that you asked, calling in sick is out of the question!?

If the race is on the new property I could watch it from my treestand.

Watch out for the turkey hunters out there.
Yes, I think some of the race - some of the high speed stuff - will be on the new property across the road.

·
Registered
153 Posts
besides asking i work for my pops and its just me and him...so when i'm out half the company is too lol. o well maybe next time..have fun whoever goes.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,619 Posts
Yes, I think some of the race - some of the high speed stuff - will be on the new property across the road.
Im betting a decent portion of the race will be over there since its relatively new so there wont be many people who know the terrain well. Kinda level the playing field a bit. At the very least id expect them to use a portion of the track over there like they did last year.

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TTT

LAST CALL! We could still use another 1 or 2 volunteers to help out. We'll be meeting at the RC parking lot around 7:00 to 7:15 on Friday morning. We need to be headed out the checkpoint by 7:45. We've been assigned the checkpoint at the top of the hill on Trail 5. Should be a really good place to watch the action as we man the checkpoint. If you can make it, bring a lunch, drinks and chair. We'll have 1 or 2 e-z-ups there for shade.

My cell 703-307-5153.

Gary

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'll be up there but can't help, not going to get there until 8:30-9. Can't wait!

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,619 Posts
I got some pics from all over, should have em online today or tomorrow. Also did some awesome wheelin on saturday too. Great weekend for sure :thumbup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts