Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have never seen these guys in concert before I would sugest going. Im not a huge korn fan but they rocked the place live. I got free tickets from a friend to the concert at Dodge theather last night so I couldnt pass it up. Memento, Static X, and sevendust also where there and opened for korn. It was a sold out show and absoluty nuts! we had suite tickets so we were out of the main crown and had great seats. I wasent too mimpressed with sevendust tho, for some reason they just didnt sound right. the lead singer is black and would do his little groove dance which was a little out of place from the rest of the band jumping around. the best part was the 400lb white dude in the mosh pit, he would make run from one end to the other mowing down people, he would do a couple laps and take a break then do it again. I am still deaf and my head hurts but it was a good time none the less.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I just got there new album the other day, sounds alot like some of there older stuff. they played a few songs off the new album last night too long with some classics. Also played metallicas ONE which sounded badass!

it was cool when the busted out with the snake mic, the whole place started cheering

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
yep 10 minutes into #13 is Metallica :)

You got the sound track to Queen of the Damned? that's 75% KoRn

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
i have been to lots of korn concerts, and i think they are one of the funner live shows. Actually, i blew my knee out in the mosh pits before their first album ever came out (they were playing with biohazard and hous of pain in San Fran) like 8 years ago.
I also got the chance to see them play in some really small venues in Sacramento where they came out and drank beers after the show.

How was static X live? I dig their music, and have always wanted to see them live, but havent been to a live show in years

·
Registered
769 Posts
I saw korn at ozzfest at the tweeter center in chicago over the summer they rocked the place as well as. ozzy,disturbed,manson,chevelle,ect ect but disturbed and korn were the best

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Dustin, I saw SevenDust last weekend at a festival that was here...

I agree. They arent really that great, especially with the little groove dance he does on stage. Something about them...Sound 100% different live then on the radio or cd.

I've downloaded a few videos of Korn playing Metallica's One. Its a very good version, But....Its hard to redo perfection

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
plug ugly said:
How was static X live? I dig their music, and have always wanted to see them live, but havent been to a live show in years
:stupid Thats the first thing I thought when I saw your post. I'm not a huge Korn fan (their ok and all :shrug) but I LOVE Static-X!! Haven't had the chance to see them live though....

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Static-X rules oh and i found something ultra cool: The lead singer likes 4 wheelin! :rockon check it out on their site

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah go 10minutes into track 13 on the new korn and you will find ONE.

Static x rocked too, they would play a couple songs and stop and pump the crowd a bit and do some shots. Ive really been digging the new album and they played a few songs from that along with some of the older harder stuff. they had some pa problems towards the end so to burn time til they got it fixed the took some pictures of the crowd. they metioned how they liked playing in phx and would come here all the time back in the day. I think staticx x and korn where to best ones out of those who played

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
Yeah, we saw Korn in concert in Phoenix in like '99 or 2000. Staind opened for them at the time.

It was actually a really cool trip, did some 'wheeling around Crown King beforehand with Mitch, then went to the concert.

·
Registered
769 Posts
4wheelin' also means riding 4 wheelers too not just in 4x4 trucks.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,671 Posts
HWY TO HELL said:
4wheelin' also means riding 4 wheelers too not just in 4x4 trucks.
Wayne owns a badass Early Bronco. :rockon

I dunno about you guys, but i dont like the new Static-X cd. Sounds like commercial crap to me. Every time i listen to it, i like it less. Wayne's vocals are really weak compared to what he did on Machine. It sounds like he wants to sing like Jonathan Davis. Even musically, its just not as good. Tripp is not the guitarist that Koichi was.
I made the mistake of buying the deluxe version of Shadow Zone, and in the interviews on the dvd, Wayne seems like a total stuck-up rockstar. They used to be real down-to-earth guys, too.

Korn is a band that for some reason i just cant hate. :D Ive been a fan of them for a very long time now, but ive only seen them once.........back in '01, when they toured with Metallica, S.O.A.D., Jerry Cantrell (sp?), Kid Rock, (and someone else, i think). I wasnt that impressed with Korn's performance though. The stage show was awesome (the huge Korn logo that set on fire was awesome) but Jonathan's vocals were kinda weak, and it really killed it for me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts