Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this pan? I am having a big problem with the screw in dipstick tube where it screws in to the side of the pan. Without even firing it up for the first time, this is already leaking, and even worse when I used my oil pump primer and got the oil flowing. Anyone know of a fix? I already used thread sealant on the threads and no go. still leaking without even using the primer again. DAMMIT

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gub_Ni said:
Instead of the thread sealer tape try the wet brush on stuff. Make sure it's all clean first.
I'll try that too, but it looks like it may be leaking from the pipe that the nut is on, like it isn't flared good or something? IDK, i'll keep messing with it, meanwhile, any other suggestions are really welcome.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
79f350 said:
my sons is doing the same thing leaking past the tube. it like you cant tighen it up any more. no more threads left.
Yeah,
Last night I went to home depot and bought this stuff in a yellow jar from the plumbing isle where the steel pipe is. Its called pro dope, I applied it last night so I will check today 7 July and see what the situation is. My next step is to use a little tubing cutter, cut off the end of the tube where the flare is, put on a new fitting and reflare it.If that don't work, I got one more idea, fill it up with the 7-8qts. oil and plug it with a 3/8 pipe plug also found at home depot or lowes in the plumbing isle I think, I already test fitted it and it fits, so I don't give up ha ha

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
79f350 said:
my sons is doing the same thing leaking past the tube. it like you cant tighen it up any more. no more threads left.
well I don't want to speak too soon, but it appears the pro dope may have worked, I primed it again and still no leaking, but i will keep an eye on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.