Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone run the fender exit L&L's? I run them in my 76 F250 and like them alot except that they rub on the tires (38's). I want to run them in my 78 Bronco, but don't really want them if they are going to rub my tires (38's with no lift).

Can someone PLEASE send me a picture of how they look in the fender well. I want to see how they are routed.

Thanks, in advance!

Steve
[email protected]

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have them in my '79 although I don't have any pic's. Whether they will rub or not depends on your wheels' backspacing and even then you can adjust your steering stops, although you will lose turning radius if you do. I really like them b/c it makes running the exhaust easier and it keeps alot of heat away from the tranny and T-case.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
i looked at both, i think im going to use chassis exit instead. i have a cooler & i think my muffler guy can keep them far enough away from stuff plus i will put sheilds & insulating over or inbetween the places i need to protect from heat & the pipes. i like the exposed look of the fenderwell ones. kinda like bigfoot. post pics either way, i would like to see. i'll be 4"-6" with 39.5"s & 42s on occasion... AXE

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dovepower said:
Whether they will rub or not depends on your wheels' backspacing and even then you can adjust your steering stops, although you will lose turning radius if you do. I really like them b/c it makes running the exhaust easier and it keeps alot of heat away from the tranny and T-case.
I had the chassis exit in my 79 -I have the fenderwells in my 78. My tires used to rub the radius arms before I got the fenderwells -then they BARELY rubbed the headers. It was only the big @$$ third lug on the thornbirds that rubbed -and only at full lock. Once I converted to 8 lug stuff -there was no rubbing.

Axe...Problem with the chassis exits is that the collector ends up just about touching your oil pan -it's very close and very hot. Routing the exhaust is no picnic either -since one of the collectors is almost butted up agianst the tranny crossmember.

I took a pic but it doesn't do it justice. There's a bit less than 1" between the third lug on the 42" TSLs and the header -at full lock.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
worse than stock headers on a 460 in a 79? well heck, i guess i could get something with less backspacing or spacers to set the wheel out further. how much of the fender well do you have to cut up? i can put a cooler on every fluid. i have one for power steering and tranny, the oil is already plumbed for it... it will be a while til i get them. i would rather have my d0ve-c heads done and put on first and then get headers... you know its just one thing after the other. them Hedmans look nice. like they say, give me hooker or give me hed...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts