Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They came apart and when the engine got loose it destroyed the transmission. I'm not asking for a new transmission or compensation for the recovery cost. I just want them to swap out the old mounts for a new set of new mounts. So far they aren't even willing to replace the mounts. They want proof of purchase and even then they will only give me a pro-rated partial credit towards purchase of new mounts. I guess when they say lifetime warranty they really mean as-is or use at your own risk. I hope to update this thread and say it's just a simple misunderstanding. Otherwise I'll be using the other brand of mounts.

·
Chicks dig my
1,423 Posts
dude that sucks, hope all goes well in your dealing with them. I never heard any complaints against them either, huh, best of luck is all I can say

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
BrokeCuzWheelin said:
Dangit, why didn't you post that when I was doing my 460 swap..
Man, no kidding. I didn't realize Performance Unlimited had them so cheap.

I've got the L&Ls and haven't torn them up... yet. I've heard that too that they won't warranty them unless you buy their headers.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Heck Iv been pimping them since Iv been a member....LOL...

I ran them on my 76 F-150 & Im now running the exact same ones in the 79 Ex TTC Bronco....Not 1 prob:rockon

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
BroncoBabe said:
Man, no kidding. I didn't realize Performance Unlimited had them so cheap.

I've got the L&Ls and haven't torn them up... yet. I've heard that too that they won't warranty them unless you buy their headers.
That and they do look stronger, though I also have not wrecked mine yet. But I suppose I've only had the 460 in for one summer...

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
78bronco460 said:
Big Block 101: Run a torque strap.
:banghead :doh0715:

Maybe a torque chain now...

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
Gub you should post this over on pjb since there is a good number of folks over there doing this stuff.

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm still waiting for a final reply from L&L. I sent them a link to this thread. Maybe I'm jsut confused and they will gladly replace them free of charge.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
78bronco460 said:
Big Block 101: Run a torque strap.
Heh, I think I need one of those chains in Brutus....do I get cool points for that? :toothless

I'm surprised my motor mounts haven't let go yet, hell, I've torn up 2 u-joints.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
No problem with my L&L mounts thus far, and if that is how they treat their warranties, I hope I never have a problem! Let us know what they do in the end, maybe I'll have to start recommending the Performance Unlimited mounts instead of the L&L's....

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Why would you have to buy their headers for them to honor the warrenty?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts