Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Newbie here. I bought a 91 XLT Bronco and I need some work done.

Specifically, I need electrical (windows, locks and interior lights dont work). The truck seems to lean to the right, so there might be some strut/springs problem. And Im leaking oil...well, not me, but the Bronco =)

So...does anyone know a good mechanic and or body shop? I am in LA and OC county back and forth, so I can drop it off anywhere. I just want an honest good shop, because I dont know a lot about any of this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
For a body shop I'd talk to Redwaggon.. I hear he knows an awesome guy... :thumbup

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
You should update your location.. Get in good with other FSB people around you and they may be willing to help you trouble shoot the issues you're having.. Can't guarantee it but I'm sure you'll get someone who's willing to help..

If I wasn't spending every free moment on my project I'd help ya out..

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I agree with Spectre's comments. Anyone with some knowledge of automotive electrical systems, a meter and the Ford electrical book should be able to help you sort out your electrical/wiring issues...

Where are you located?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
If you can get her over to my shop in Harbor City and leave it for 24 hours, I'm sure I can fix the electrical stuff for ya..........

Ricky

310-4 zero zero--04X4........

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ricky, Where is Harbor City? I'm in Garden Grove and I'd love to just have my new Bronc checked out so I can figure out where the %^&*) my oil leak is coming from and how to get the stupid dash attached right... The guy that owned it before me put in new gauges and didn't get the dash put back in right and it rattles and clanks around too much for my liking... its annoying and I also need to once and for all get my 4 wheel drive sorted out. Has Warn Hubs, and the lights on the dash for 4x4 and 4Low don't work, so I dont' know for sure if its going into 4wheel or not, and its my 1st 4x4 anyway, so I don't really know what I'm doing and would rather not screw something up by mistake :)

thanks Ricky!!

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
Ricky, Where is Harbor City? I'm in Garden Grove and I'd love to just have my new Bronc checked out so I can figure out where the %^&*) my oil leak is coming from and how to get the stupid dash attached right... The guy that owned it before me put in new gauges and didn't get the dash put back in right and it rattles and clanks around too much for my liking... its annoying and I also need to once and for all get my 4 wheel drive sorted out. Has Warn Hubs, and the lights on the dash for 4x4 and 4Low don't work, so I dont' know for sure if its going into 4wheel or not, and its my 1st 4x4 anyway, so I don't really know what I'm doing and would rather not screw something up by mistake :)

thanks Ricky!!

1). Harbor City is basically a mile west of the Harbor/110 Freeway on PCH. My shop is on the north-east corner of 260th Street and Senator, white single story commercial building. Just look for the black FSB.

2). I can fix anything, and very I'm Ford centric. I've got both an '87 Bronco and a '97 F350 crew cab, and tools, manuals and talent out the wahoo.

3). The electric S.O.T.F system is kinda my thing, since I patented The Shiftster. So you're in luck, my son-----> http://theshiftster.com/

(but if you still want to stay with the push-button shift motor n your t-case, I can fix that as well :toothless )

4). And let's figure on $270.00 a day (plus any expensive parts, and/or a Shiftster if you go that route). Everything will be doc'd and itemized and photographed.

5). 310-2 zero zero-7852, or [email protected] if you wanna do this. I'm up til 9:30 pm. Tomorrow is good, and so is Sunday. Just let me know.......:smokin:

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Ricky rocks...

I do need to hang out with him again.. Been awhile..

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
Ricky rocks...

I do need to hang out with him again.. Been awhile..
We just moved last month, so getcher ass over to San Pedro for some grill 'n chill and spill some night. Got room, got parking, got beach, got bbq, got beer, got food and got semi-topical back yard.

And a toilet. You'll be all set.........:toothless

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Nice.. We'll have to set something up!

BTW.. How's your daughter doing? Haven't heard anything since she got out of the surgery.

·
Registered
65 Posts
did this ever happen?

Ricky you still doin work?

Have a list of electrical from wipers to brake sensors(wont come out of park if truck is running)

and a few codes(o2 sensors and egr stuff i think)

Its a lot... but if work is tough to come by and you got the skill I got the dough... :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts