Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
penis
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been looking around for a shop to do some work. I need bothe the back rear leaf spring hangers replaced. So a couple shops said 4 hours per side now to me that doesn't sound right or is it. If I had the means I would do it my self but I currently live in an apartment so that leaves me SOL on the work.

·
penis
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I figured. ILast time I worked at a Bus company and I placed the rear hangers. only took my around an hour per side. Chisel the rivit heads off take off the nut and bolt install new one and hardware grade 8 nuts and bolts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Four hours does sound a bit extreme to me, and that stinks about not being able to do the work at your place if your capable of it. You don't have a buddy's place you could go to and get it done on a weekend or such? You'd save cash and it sounds like you could easily do it yourself too:thumbup

·
penis
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have to goto my parents house a few hours away they are bad (starting to rust out) but I do not know when I will get a few days off as my supervisor is on vaction and I am pulling 12 hour shifts for the next week.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Maybe the guys that said 4 per side just didn't want to do it. They do that at my work sometimes. Did you get anybody that said less?

·
Thanks 351w500
5,447 Posts
They're billing you for book time thats how they make there money.I worked at 2 shops and ran another. I can see that time if someone was doing it on the back in the driveway but not a shop. 3 hrs the most and the rest is profit.

·
penis
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See thats what I was thinking.. I will have to look around just wish I had a spot around here to do it would wlready be done.

·
Super Moderator
25,760 Posts
yo,
Look for a truck/auto Spring Shop in your area. They have all the stuff on-hand usually and specialize in .. well, spribgs, shocks, hangers (both auto and .....)

Such as (did a quickie gOOgle for; truck/auto Spring illinois

Welcome to Truck Centers, Inc. – Your Full-Service Heavy-Truck DealerTruck Centers has locations in central and southern Illinois in the cities of Troy, Morton, Mt Vernon, Springfield and Decatur, as well as locations in ...
www.truckcentersinc.com/ - Cached - Similar
Midwest Truck & Auto Sales - HomeMIDWEST TRUCK AND AUTO SALES, INC. 420 S. DIRKSEN PARKWAY SPRINGFIELD, IL 62703. Phone: 217 / 753-0448 Fax: 217 / 753-2916 eMail: [email protected] ...
www.midwest-truck-sales.com/ - Cached - Similar

also check da u-bolts

·
Registered
217 Posts
i dunno about illinois, but in some states, shops are required by law to have chiltons or haynes (or whatever) labor time estimate book at the front desk available by request by a customer. even if not required to, im sure they have one you can request to see the published estimate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts