Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading through Fox news this afternoon and saw this article. Thought I would pass it on to you guys, but many of you out West are probably dealing with this right now. Its pretty frightening when you consider the prospect that environmentalists can practically get a whole recreation area closed because of one stupid plant...Those of you who don't think it can happen in your areas are wrong, we're seeing the beginning of it here in Florida, and it scares me. What next, they'll want to protect the sand, because we're harming it as well. Our tax dollars go to pay for this land. We should be able to use it in a responsible manner, hell I'd even be willing to buy an off road permit if they wanted me to. But c'mon, closing this land is just going to encourage people to do things illegally, I know its wrong but its a fact. Bottom line get involved some way, send a letter or email to your local representative and let them know how you feel.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Hey, it can happen any where...the main reason is #'s...there's alot more people fighting to close than keep open! We all just keep wrenching on our rigs thinking "It can't happen here...the wheelers will fight it" :twak Not if we are all still wrenching away waiting for the other guy to make a stand....Enough rambling...all I'm saying is it don't take much to write the powers that be in your area and voice your opinion! (God knows us FSB folk got plenty of opinions...:toothless ) :beer

That thud you just heard was me falling off my soapbox!:toothless

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
How about somebody ( preferably someone that can write well) put together a letter. We can float it around here to let everyone add their ideas. Then once we have something that looks professional, we all send a copy to the powers that be. Hell, we could even print it, sign it, and mail it through the snail system. Of course, this would also require some research as to where to send it. Just an idea.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
If I'm not mistaken our club is a member of "tread lightly" (which by the way Joe, should be posted fairly large on the front page to make the greenies happy) You could get involved with this group...I know they fight the good fight, through positive actions..:beer

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
We are having the same problems here as well :( LOTS of trail closeures. Get involved with Tread Lightly, United Four Wheel Drive Association and your states Four Wheel Drive Association.......they are ALL trying to fight to keep these areas open to us. YOU just need to get involved and get your friends and family involved.......
Go to DNR meetings, forester meetings.........the MORE of us that go the better......:thumbup

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Sorry 'bout that Blaze.........but I hang out there alot. There are ALWAYS run's and such being put together.......land issue stuff and such......
There are NO MI Bronco fourms........ LOL
Besides I've met a LOT of great people there and for the most part a lot of them can care less what you wheel...though I do get ribbed quite a bit for owning a bronco....lol. But the eccept me. :D

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Yea those tree huggers try to close anything. I can understand some cases, nut not the entire area for a plant. If people were dumping trash and dumping stolen cars yes take action, but not just for a plant. In Flolida at least it cant be "closed" since it was never open in the first place.

Side note, anybody get the price of a parcel of land in holopaw?

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
We need the number...Hey Jer. Can ya give butch a hollar and see if he'll get us a number...I'll call and talk to the sellers if you'll get me the number.....:thumbup

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Our troops can not train on the coast of California because the CRY BABIES don't want to ruin the coast or some stupid animal or plant. I heard this on the http://www.rushlimbaugh.com
He has some good anti-suv songs that are about the liberals/dems/gore. If you listen to the show you know what I mean.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
they are trying to do this all over fla, they are talking about banning people after dark in ocala, and closing more areas. kinda funny, most the problems that lead to this kinda actions from the state and feds, is because of people who arnt following the rules. dumping trash, in restricted areas etc. so if they close more areas, all it is gonna do is keep clubs like mine out. people who obey the rules, and have trash runs, where we go out on trails and pick up litter. now do you think those people who are already breaking the law are now are gonna quit any time soon? its the same thing as the gun debate. if the govenment told everyone to turn in all there guns, all the law abiding people would. but none of the crooks would. so now your worse off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts