Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the letter yesterday that Mar. 8 is the last day of work here at Big Sky Airlines in Billings,Mt.:hump Been here 8 yrs now they are quitting after 30 yrs in business due to "economic" reasons:bs. The upper management literally ran the company into the ground the last five years with shit management decisions like trying to start an operation on the east coast with no prior planning:twak.
It kills me how they are trying to f**k with our measly little severance package when the upper management will get their outrageous sums of money:goodfinge. The articles are on billingsgazette.net . God Bless corporate America. P.S. anyone hiring out there?

·
Try it now!!
9,115 Posts
I know the feeling...not first hand (yet, thank god)...but airline management in general is completely inept and selfish.

For everyone out there watching news and paying attention to the airline struggles...dont believe a word of what you hear. There is no "pilot shortage" or "mechanic shortage" or any other shortage. There is a shortage of people willing to work for the crap wages management offers, while paying themselves millions in stock options and bonuses.

Airlines are such an expensive business with razor thin profit margins that its very tempting to liquidate and **** your employees over to make the stockholders happy with a 10 percent profit.

It's sickening. I never knew the blatent backstabbing and corruption that existed in the airlines until I got involved on a firsthand basis.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the letter yesterday that Mar. 8 is the last day of work here at Big Sky Airlines in Billings,Mt.:hump Been here 8 yrs now they are quitting after 30 yrs in business due to "economic" reasons:bs. The upper management literally ran the company into the ground the last five years with shit management decisions like trying to start an operation on the east coast with no prior planning:twak.
It kills me how they are trying to f**k with our measly little severance package when the upper management will get their outrageous sums of money:goodfinge. The articles are on billingsgazette.net . God Bless corporate America. P.S. anyone hiring out there?
I was the last one out of the hangar on Sat. the 8th. so before I closed the door for the last time I had to do a burnout with the Harley on the nice smooth floor one last time. Looks like I may be going to Bolivia for a couple of weeks at the end of the month.:shocked

·
Registered
67 Posts
Two days ago, I read that Delta offered 30,000 employees
voluntary severance payouts. I don't know if this has
anything to do with their proposed merger with Northwest.

Adam

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two days ago, I read that Delta offered 30,000 employees
voluntary severance payouts. I don't know if this has
anything to do with their proposed merger with Northwest.

Adam
Thats going to be a screwed up thing.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Southwest is always hiring and has never furloughed anyone in 30+years. You can do an application online at their web site. Good pay and good benefits.
I am retired now but I have been the victim of shitty management on more than one occasion along with thousands of other airline employees.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Southwest has always been employee friendly. They kinda got their tit in a wringer now with the FAA over the missed inspections. I heard a $10 million dollar fine.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
last day of work

Southwest is always hiring and has never furloughed anyone in 30+years. You can do an application online at their web site. Good pay and good benefits.
I am retired now but I have been the victim of shitty management on more than one occasion along with thousands of other airline employees.
I am kinda looking at overseas jobs for awhile. I am leaving for Bolivia the end of the month for a couple of weeks then maybe to Saudi Arabia. We will see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts