Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend when I am going to put my new oil pump in, I'm also going to change the intake gaskets and valve cover gaskets. First tomorrow I'm going to use the purple power cleaner and clean the entire engine bay just to try to get all of the unneeded gunk out of the way. My question is what is the best way everyone thinks to clean the head surfaces before putting new gaskets on?

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
i scrapre all the old gasket off with a gasket scraper. then i make sure it is smooth and lightly sand it with fine grit sandpaper. then put the gasket on that way. some other people will chime in but this is how i do it. i have never done one on the bronco but i have done them on chebbies, dodges, and yotas, and they were all good to go affter that

ken

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
oh yeah if you are doing all that it may be easier to pull the motor and do it, that way you can clean everything. keep in mind also that the heads are heavy as hell

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
use a scraper for chunks and 120 grit emery paper to remove whatever gasket material is left behind

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I lied, while I have the upper intake off, what would the best process to clean all of the build up out of the inside of the upper intake?

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
i think seafoaming it while it is on the truck is the best way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seafoamed it about a month ago, while I had the tb off still looked like quite a bit of build up in there.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
If you're talking about the underside of the lower intake don't worry about it. You can scrape off what you can with a scraper, other than that it's inevitable.

OH, and you cheated/lied. You said LAST post for the week and when that was answered you conveniently squeezed this one in. Don't think we haven't noticed.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
OH, and you cheated/lied. You said LAST post for the week and when that was answered you conveniently squeezed this one in. Don't think we haven't noticed.
He admitted it already.

Ok I lied, while I have the upper intake off, what would the best process to clean all of the build up out of the inside of the upper intake

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ment the inside of the upper intake. I'm also planning on seafoam in the crankcase before this weekend since I will have the oil pan off anyway, so I can get all of the crud I can outa the motor.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
He admitted it already.
It was a joke.

If you have access to a parts cleaner that would be the easiest way to clean the upper intake out.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
RLKBOB said:
It was a joke.

If you have access to a parts cleaner that would be the easiest way to clean the upper intake out.

I know and so was mine. easy there old man....lol:goodfinge

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
TX88EB said:
Seafoamed it about a month ago, while I had the tb off still looked like quite a bit of build up in there.
I use a shop-vac for this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As far as those gaskets go, my local parts house keeps them in stock. I have spent countless hours looking at different posts that pertain to this subject. An early thanks to everyone who has written this up before or posted information.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So would it hurt if when I had the upper intake off to take some tb cleaner to it and scrub?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts