Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
What the hell!:shocked

That was almost like having to relive the Heidi game all over again! :twak

Cool stuff man, I am so jealous you Biatch! :goodfinge

·
Registered
539 Posts
We had fun at Laughlin. I was helping the Moss Bros. in class 3. I saw the little 7 truck coming so I pulled over for him. I learned something about Don, he's not a good passenger, he reminded me I had to drive my Bronco home at the begining of our pre run, and grabbed the dash and said "take it easy" as we approached the leap jump. Craig his co driver was in the back seat not saying a word. I guess drivers just don't like the right seat.:rofl: Where did you find that video Brian? Thanks for posting it up. I was hoping somebody would record it or snap a picture. I should have had Don hold my video camera as we cruised around but then he wouldn't have been able to hold on.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had fun at Laughlin. I was helping the Moss Bros. in class 3. I saw the little 7 truck coming so I pulled over for him. I learned something about Don, he's not a good passenger, he reminded me I had to drive my Bronco home at the begining of our pre run, and grabbed the dash and said "take it easy" as we approached the leap jump. Craig his co driver was in the back seat not saying a word. I guess drivers just don't like the right seat.:rofl: Where did you find that video Brian? Thanks for posting it up. I was hoping somebody would record it or snap a picture. I should have had Don hold my video camera as we cruised around but then he wouldn't have been able to hold on.
That's some funny stuff right there! Did you remind Don that he was in a TTB rig, not a straightaxle? :histerica

I got that vid off of RDC. I believe that was the 7 truck that won the class. There are a bunch of other clips of it somewhere in one of the Laughlin update threads.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I got some video of trophy trucks qualifing and a couple of Don Moss. i'll try to get them up this week. It was a good time for sure.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Here's a nice quote by the Moss Bros from C3R...

You have already read the driver reports, the driveshaft u-joint bound up at one end of the travel when I was on the gas, and that bent or broke something. The vibration was pretty bad after that and I knew it would not last long. It was so muddy on Sunday that we knew there was probably no way we would make a lap without 4 wheel drive, so we went ahead and bolted in the spare.

It rained very hard early Sunday morning, there was mud running down the streets of Laughlin. By our race time it was not too bad, but the puddles were huge.

Rick (flyinbronco) shadowed us on the highway all the way from and back to Modesto. Had a good time, he was a great addition to the team. Saw the leap for the first time in 6 races that I have been to, although we about froze out there. Rick flogged his Bronco around with Craig and I as co-riders for the pre-run. There was no speed limit, and it was open for 4 or 5 hours! Rick's got a very capable pre-runner, and I confirmed once again that I am a terrible co-rider, begging to get out after only one lap.

Contingency on the pavement closer to the hotels was a good idea, but didn't take 10 minutes to get through, and not a single Tecate girl. The 6 mile course worked out better than I would have expected for the racer, not so good for the spectator. The new spot up by the high school looked like a good spot to watch the faster classes. The jumps back there were a little too big for us to take at speed. There was really no place that we could get up to more than secong gear speed. The hill looked like it might not have been too bad to watch from, but questionable that you would have to pay AND walk to the top with your stuff. The grandstands were not too bad, but kind of pricey, especially if you had kids. Same price for them unless they were under 5. The biggest factor I saw was the lack of people. Both entries and spectators were way down from what I remember from 2 years ago. Parking at the hotel was actually possible, we were able to get groups of 12 or 16 into the restaurants at night without a 2 hour wait, parking in the pits was easy, and you could even find a spot in the grandstand during the Trophy Truck race on Saturday. They did 8 laps, and with the 6 mile course, by the second lap there was non-stop action in the infield. Robby Gordon put on a show for the couple of laps before he killed the truck. We left immediately after our race on Sunday and did not get to see the mud fest with the big iron. There were about 7 hard core fans in the stands for our race in the rain. Of interest was that the Herbst's and Pflueger were no-shows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts