Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Mount them to the axle and springs with the u-bolts only tight enough to hold them in place. Hook up your driveshaft and lift the pinion until you get the angle you want. Tack the perches, remove the axle, and weld the perches permanently. You should confirm the perches are at the same angle with an angle finder before burning them in.

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
yeah, nailed it above. The only thing I would say is that if you are running a rear CV, angle it a degree or so below the TC output shaft. you need to account for the torque while driving and that rotates the pinion up some.. Prolly the same as a straight shaft if you have it, but I have no first hand.

·
Premium Member
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i figured to angle it down 2 degrees to allow pinion climb my only problem is my dshaft is to long. so i cant bolt it up to get the correct angle and i dont want to shorten it jus yet untill everything is in place. can i measure the degree angle on an oem axle and set the perches to that ? or will it be off?

·
Premium Member
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Larston said:
You'd probably be OK since there are degree shims available. I wouldn't run a long driveshaft even temporarily, though. If you bottom the shaft, you risk bending the shaft or taking out the transfer case.
the truck will not be driven until mock up is completed i want to have the axle mounted properly prior to driveshaft modifications to insure correct length.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts