Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I ♥ TTB
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I looked through some treads but havent been able to find what I'm looking for. Currently the rear leaf packs on my 89 are shot. I need to replace them and I have a set of Superduty rear leaf packs that are practically new I'd like to put in.

Now here's my question:
In stock form are the superduty springs going to lift the rear? How much?

I'm curious because I'm currently running a shackle flip with factory wedges to even out the 6" lift in the front. I'd like to do away with the shackle flip if I can. So I guesss if I say net 2-3 inches with the super duty spring, then I should be able to do an add-a-leaf and net around 5-6" right?

If they won't increase height at all, then I should just be able to have them re-arched to however much I want right?

Thanks for any info :thumbup

·
I see Broncos
6,041 Posts
Why super dukey springs? Do you really feel you need to feel every grain of sand in the road?

As for the question at hand I have no idea.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not saying theres anything wrong with the flip, I just don't like the vulnerability of the shackles.
As far as the length goes, I havent taken my tape measure out to check anything yet. I'm contemplating having them re-arched to get me where I want.
My stock spring packs are almost shot and I need to change them out soon...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts