Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 ford Bronc XLT eddie bauer 5.0 302
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I recently put on the Rough Country 2.5" lift kit on my 85 Ford Bronco and for the rear it gave me just blocks to put under my oem springs. It still sags a little in the back (front is good) and I was wondering what I could do about it?

I was thinking new leaf springs but i dont know what height to get to match my front properly?

Also any ideas on where to get them?

THANKS GUYS

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,367 Posts
The front end should settle down a bit after a few thousand miles.

Otherwise, you are looking at about 600 bucks or more. Springs are expensive to ship.

Reactions: Want2BS8ed

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Did you measure how much lift you actually got out of the leveling kit in the front? My springs are toast and I was hoping to get at least three inches (in the front) if I install the rough country 2.5 kit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes i got about 2.5 outta it i feel like i didn’t get as high in the back though

·
Premium Member
93 XLT 347, GT40 Heads, Bassani headers/exhaust, E4OD
1,767 Posts
The front end should settle down a bit after a few thousand miles.

Otherwise, you are looking at about 600 bucks or more. Springs are expensive to ship.
Shipping is no joke...

Check locally. There is a spring shop in town here that caters to big rigs. They ordered the springs for me (Dayton 42-813 HD two-stage leafs). Price was inline with what I was finding on-line (<$350 for the pair), no shipping and they had them ready for me to pickup in 24-hours.

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
624 Posts
The OEM stance on the Bronco is with about a 2" lift in the rear. So if you add a 2.5" front coil lift it should level the Bronco or give it a slight lift up front. That is unless your rear leafs springs are sagging. You can check the junkyards for a set off a Bronco or F150. The F150 leaf springs are narrower (2.5") while the Bronco's are 3". When I ordered my Deaver J40's I paid almost as much in shipping as I did the purchase of the springs, plus I had to pick them up at a local trucking yard.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok cool yea i live right by deaver so i can also just go there (it’s a lot of money though)! thanks appreciate it .
But if i find bronco leaf springs in a junkyard (oem) it should match up

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,367 Posts
Ok cool yea i live right by deaver so i can also just go there (it’s a lot of money though)! thanks appreciate it .
But if i find bronco leaf springs in a junkyard (oem) it should match up
Pony or save up for the deavers since they are local. Junkyard springs are likely not any better than what you have now.

Reactions: Want2BS8ed
1 - 10 of 10 Posts