Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sources say Ford is working on the Bronco-based 2022 Ford Maverick

Its said that the dimensions of this 3D tailgate match the current Ranger and will eventually be on a “baby version of the Ford Raptor.” Its also reveals some interesting features. The creases at the top could be for a step or some folding setup.

Thoughts?
2022-ford-maverick-ranger-bronco-thumb-1024x614.jpg

Motortrend ran with that idea and created this Bronco influenced small pickup render:
2022-ford-pickup-rendering.jpg

2022-ford-pickup-rendering-02.jpg

Here's what they expect:

"Underpinned by Ford's front-wheel-drive-based compact car platform, the new trucklet will slot beneath the Ranger in Ford's truck lineup and is also intended to fill the gaps left by the Focus, Fiesta, and cancelled Focus Active hatch-crossover. The vehicle's exact name is still unknown, but it could bring back the Courier moniker that was last used here in the 1970s on a pre-Ranger rebadge of a Mazda B-Series pickup. Other possibilities include Ranchero or perhaps something connecting it to the Bronco family (its underpinnings will be similar to those of the Bronco Sport, after all)."

·
Registered
415 Posts
I don't like being negative buuuuut that's F'n ugly! Rebadged Subaru pickup thingy.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't like being negative buuuuut that's F'n ugly! Rebadged Subaru pickup thingy.
I completely agree but its one of the better renderings out right now.

There's this one that looks more suitable for European markets than the U.S.
2022-ford-maverick-unibody-pickup-truck-rendered-with-all-new-bronco-grille-blue-01.jpg
2022-ford-maverick-unibody-pickup-truck-rendered-with-all-new-bronco-grille-blue-02.jpg

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
The sport trac knockoff isn't bad but that first one looks fugly. What's the fucking point of a car/truck hybrid if its just a truck with a different body?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts