Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I change my air and oil filters, I also change my crankcase filter. It is a carb'd 351w HO. My question is, after a few hundred miles or so, oil tends to get into the air box. Is this normal or not? And it just keeps building up after a while. So I'm usually cleaning it every weekend when I have time. Just this past weekend I checked it out and my filter was covered and drenched with oil. So I went down to the store and bought a new one. Just using the throwable Stock cotton/paper or whatever they're made of.

So what can I do to make this stop? I do not have emissions to worry about. I will be running to a open K&N soon. Anyone else have problems with this and what did you guys do?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Are you talking about the breather filter that is in the air-box?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, I change it then it keeps happening. After about 150-200 miles oil starts getting into their again. I'll post up a pic of what I'm talking about for the people who are kind of confused at the question.

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
my 89 did that after 250K miles, the oil would get so bad it would pool in the lower part of the air box. I used to add 3Qts a day.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
If changing the pcv valve doesn't fix it then it's probably blowby. Worn rings on an old engine. How many miles?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
around 149,xxx. don't have the exact numbers. But what can I do to fix this if it is the rings worn out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts