Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many threads about heaters not blowing very hard. It is apparent that it was a common problem of early 80s Broncos for leaves and sticks to fall thru the cowl vent and block the airflow. I am just curious as to how likely this problem is to happen on a late 80s Bronco (esp. an 88). I have a similar problem and will clean out the blower motor in hopes that this solves the issue. I am more curious than anything.

Thanks y'all

·
Super Moderator
26,709 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cleaned out my cowl vents, the resistor, and the blower motor but my heater still barely puts out any air. I know the blower motor works. Any suggestions. I am not the most technically proficient so please use small words and pictures (if available) for us dummies.
Thanks guys...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I am saying that there is still very little air coming out of my vents. The blower motor seems to work well when i conne3ct a 12 volt to it. The speed selector switch on the dash does not change the speed of the air coming out of the vents. It is always very low.

As you can see...my cowl vents and resistor is free from debris. I am limited in technical knowledge but you guys have proven to be an invaluable source of precious information.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve83 said:
With everything installed & connected normally, try turning the key to RUN, setting the blower to HI, & jumpering the light-colored wire (NOT the Pu/Or) directly to ground, then check what's coming out of the vents. Also, notice if the fan speeds up when you ground that wire.
What do you mean "jumpering the wires to ground"?? And are you talking about the wires to the blower motor? Again, i have limited technical knowledge and zero electrical know-how.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts