Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna go to Moab for a week or so, tenting it up in various free places. Planning on out by Kane creek mostly, or next to the river on Hwy 279. I'm going with the Havasu 4 wheeler club, but if anyone else is around I wouldn't mind meeting up for a run or a hangout.

Taking my 82

Just got done with
  • Ranch 4" lift
  • 4.10 gears
  • ARBs in both axles
  • all new U-joints front to rear
  • bumpers

Getting some 35x12.5 cooper STTs this afternoon to compliment the gears and 4" lift.

my only conecrn will be flooding out on steep slickrock because of my carb :smilie_slap

oh and gas mileage driving 500 miles up there with a C6 and 35s, but I'll suck that up.

This thing has all come together in the last week, after 6 weeks of swapping lift/axles/cleanup/repaint of frame etc.

Can't wait to try the trails out in the bronco instead of on bikes, will be a whole new experience.

some old pics from bike trips

oops wheeled over going up

I'll post some updates during the trip I'm sure, I have one school assignment I'll have to do while I'm there, but my other classes all end this weekend.

Talk about planning a busy schedule huh :thumbup I can sleep when I'm dead

·
Registered
1 Posts
Moab is awesome. I'll be rolling through Moab from Salt Lake to ABQ, but not till around the 13th or so. Have fun! :thumbup

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
looking better now. too bad they wouldn't mount the tires on my stock rims, I had to use these 15x10 steelies.
Good, the stock rims suck. Not enough back spacing and they're less then 10"... Take lots of pics of moab, it's my dream to wheel there some day. :popc1:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
nice......

·
Registered
934 Posts
Dude! Your Bronco is looking Fantastic! Let me know how it drives with the 35's and 4.10's I think I am going the Dana 50 chunk and getting an open rear and an Aussie Locker.

I'd love to go to Moab, the Kane Creek Trail looks like it would be very fun for a Bronco, A stock Lexus SUV on 33's made it with a strap for the last two ledges so a Bronco should do fine.

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Nice WR. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
drive out in a semi decent suspension seat sucked. 500 miles and took me most of the day. Got into town about 10pm local time, found a spot along kane creek and slept in the back of the bronco. With no back seat its not so bad.

Couple pics along the way
Monument Valley

and then view across the Colorado River as the sun comes up

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
was cold when I woke up this morning

did the bottom springs run out 313 today,not too complicated, but good to break the ice. No issues with the beast today, other than not fitting in with my group

went up to dead horse point

now its time to go set up my tent and crack a few cold ones before I catch some sleep. Running fins and things in the morning, I'll get some more pics of rock crawling tomorrow.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If you look carefully you can see a trail way down in the Canyon. I want to go down there and check it out. I cant remember the name, and I cant find my Utah map! I think Off Road Magazine did a story on the trail in the Earth Roamer camper.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you are correct on that trail, runs by the potash settling ponds, saw a handful of jeeps on that trail

Today was fins and things, only one hill did my carb hold me up, and I would have made it if my spotter hadn't dived to get out of the way right as I cut that direction.

its right at the end of the first leg of fins and things.

then did a good loop, no other issues all the way around

Have a decent campspot now too, with a nice cozy spot for my tent and cooking stuff.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
easy run today, not much in the way of photos. supposed to do something easy tomorrow too, may bail out for a more challenging run with a few people. Not sure yet though.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
288 Posts
How do you like those tires? My tsl's are bald and I'm looking for a new set of treads and thats the first I've seen the coopers. Good pics keep them coming I'd love to go one day.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
nice bronco and great pics, calender worthy.......

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
Doesn't it always seem there is a Bronco herding a flock of Jeeps through the rough terrain??? Very seldom do you see a herd of Bronco's with a Jeep keeping them rounded up.. :toothless

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
unless its this group, with two early broncos, and one heap.

was a great trip, now I have some cleanup and repairs to make.

Broken during the trip
  • leaking seal at rear driveshaft ouptut from transfercase
  • need to clearance the axle on the passenger side of TTB
  • leaking brake fluid from new rear wheel cyl.
  • blow by from valve cover vent on hwy
  • new thermostat
  • surging going up hill from the trans sometimes

not too bad, and other than the transfercase seal and wheel cylinder all stuff I havn't worked on yet.

I guess thats the joys of older vehicles, and i'll get some more pics up later, had limited internet while I was up in Moab, and have to get settled back in a bit now that I'm home.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts