Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 40 of 86 Posts
I bought a set of mounts from KahlKreations.com this summer and only recently got them mounted up. So far, they hold up well. I did kinda screw up the sizing of my light bar and had to come up with a set of extensions but I got it worked out. The thing I like about these mounts is that, even though they clamp to the rain gutter, the weight of the light is put onto the roof of the cab, rather than the gutters themselves. The gutters just keep the mount from shifting around. Holds up well at highway speeds too. Now I just need to figure out how to wire the damn thing up so I can use it
Fantastic, their mounts came put great !! I ran the wiring into the door jam -- with the door open there's a vertical rain gutter on th cab, I drilled a 3/8 hole (siliconed the hole later) and ran the wiring down to the firewall, then connected the dash switch and electrics.

Is that a pic of your truck? Does all that hardware really stick up like that? Can you cut it off? Is it stainless? Is there something under the side brackets to protect the roof paint?
That hardware was just what I had on hand to make it fit. It is not what the light came with. I do realize I need shorter bolts, but I'm waiting till I can get the light to work. They will be stainless. Right now, its a bunch of washers sticking out, but that will be remedied with a shorter bolt. And yes, there is a foam pad under the brackets to protect what's left of my paint.

Every light I have seen comes with mounts that screw to whatever you want to bolt it to. Why couldn't we just bolt it straight to the roof? Are you guys wanting to make it removable? Are is there some other reason for this? Just wondering.

Every light I have seen comes with mounts that screw to whatever you want to bolt it to. Why couldn't we just bolt it straight to the roof? Are you guys wanting to make it removable? Are is there some other reason for this? Just wondering.
Do you really want to drill a hole through the roof of your truck?

I bought a set of mounts from KahlKreations.com this summer and only recently got them mounted up. So far, they hold up well. I did kinda screw up the sizing of my light bar and had to come up with a set of extensions but I got it worked out. The thing I like about these mounts is that, even though they clamp to the rain gutter, the weight of the light is put onto the roof of the cab, rather than the gutters themselves. The gutters just keep the mount from shifting around. Holds up well at highway speeds too. Now I just need to figure out how to wire the damn thing up so I can use it.

I just talked to Shane at Kahl Kreations and he's offering a free shipping promo. Use code FREESHIP and save $17 on shipping. He says he can also make your mounts without any design at all (just a solid piece of metal.

Code ends on Friday or into the weekend if he gets a lot of interest.

Hope this helps!

Magnets held well over 70mph- sits a little too high for my tastes though. This is going on my trail truck anyway, this was just for fun.

Headlights only-

Bam! 240w of daylight

I bought a set of mounts from KahlKreations.com this summer and only recently got them mounted up. So far, they hold up well. I did kinda screw up the sizing of my light bar and had to come up with a set of extensions but I got it worked out. The thing I like about these mounts is that, even though they clamp to the rain gutter, the weight of the light is put onto the roof of the cab, rather than the gutters themselves. The gutters just keep the mount from shifting around. Holds up well at highway speeds too. Now I just need to figure out how to wire the damn thing up so I can use it.

Looks great - I bought a Rigid brand light bar for one of my older Toyotas - man they can illuminate!

That mount that matco posted would probably work conjunction with the lund visor.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.